TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Indo-US Health Dialogue 2021 2. Convergence between DAY-NULM and PMFME 3. White shipping information exchange between India and Oman Navies 4. Akash Prime Missile 5. PM launched 35 crop varieties with special traits 6. Swachh Survekshan 2022 Launched
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission held.
- The 4th Indo-US Health Dialogue is being hosted by India.
- The two-day Dialogue will be leveraged as a platform to deliberate upon multiple ongoing collaborations in the health sector between the two countries.
- The issues planned for deliberations in this round also encompass areas of concern pertaining to strengthening of epidemiological research and surveillance, vaccine development, One Health, zoonotic and vector-borne diseases, health systems and health policies, etc.
Also read: India – US relations
Launch of convergence between DAY-NULM and PMFME to support Micro Food Processing Units of Urban SHGs.
- The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs is implementing a flagship Scheme named DAY-NULM, which has mobilised over 61 lakh urban poor women into SHGs and their federations. Out of these, approximately 32,000 SHGs have been identified by States/UTs to be involved in Food Processing activities.
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) launched the PMFME scheme as a part of “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” to enhance the competitiveness of individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment & promote formalization of this sector.
- Both the Schemes have been converged to benefit members from these Self-Help Groups.
MoU for white shipping information exchange between the navies of India and Oman signed.
- The signing of the MoU between the Royal Navy of Oman and the Indian Navy would facilitate information exchange on merchant shipping traffic, through IFC-IOR, India and MSC, Oman and contribute to enhanced maritime safety and security in the region.
To know what is a white shipping agreement, check the linked article.
Successful Maiden Flight Test of Akash Prime Missile.
- A new version of the Akash Missile – ‘Akash Prime’ has been successfully flight-tested from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Odisha.
- The Akash Prime is a medium-range mobile surface-to-air missile (SAM) system developed by the DRDO and produced by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).
- In comparison to the existing Akash System, Akash Prime is equipped with an indigenous active Radio Frequency (RF) seeker for improved accuracy.
- It also displays more reliable performance under low-temperature environments at higher altitudes.
- The Akash SAM was developed to replace the Russian 2K12 Kub (SA-6 Gainful) missile system, currently in service.
- The Akash SAM, like the Russian 2K12 Kub, utilizes an integrated ramjet-rocket propulsion system, which, after initial rocket motor burnout, provides sustained thrust for the missile throughout its flight until interception.
- The missiles, developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) can be fired from a tank or a wheeled truck.
Also read: List of Missiles of India
PM launched 35 crop varieties with special traits to address climate change, malnutrition.
- The crop varieties have been developed by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to address the twin challenges of climate change and malnutrition.
- According to the PMO, 35 crop varieties with special traits like climate resilience and higher nutrient content have been developed in 2021.
- These include a drought-tolerant variety of chickpea, wilt and sterility mosaic resistant pigeonpea, early maturing variety of soybean, disease-resistant varieties of rice and biofortified varieties of wheat, pearl millet, maize and chickpea, quinoa, buckwheat, winged bean and faba bean.
- These special traits crop varieties also include those that address the anti-nutritional factors found in some crops that adversely affect human and animal health.
Note:- The Prime Minister also distributed the Green Campus Awards. These awards were initiated to motivate the State and Central Agricultural Universities to develop or adopt such practices that will render their campuses more green and clean, and motivate students to get involved in ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’, ‘Waste to Wealth Mission’ and community connect as per the National Education Policy-2020.
The seventh edition of the Swachh Survekshan was launched.
Know more about the Swachh Survekshan in the linked article.
Read previous PIB here.
September 27th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|Council of Scientific and Industrial Research||New Development Bank (NDB)
|Karbi Anglong Agreement
|National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF)
||Swachh Bharat Mission|