The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) conducts an exam to recruit food safety officers to join its organisations. As such the exam pattern of the FSSAI is designed to recruit the brightest officers of its ranks.
Mostly the exam will test the functional knowledge of the candidates as it will be a crucial part of their tasks.
Hence without further ado, this article will give details about the exam pattern for the FSSAI exam
|Candidates preparing for the Government exams can find the following like useful|
Exam Pattern Scheme for the FSSAI
The exam scheme for the FSSAI is as follows:
FSSAI Exam Pattern
|Post||Stages of Selection||Weightage Assigned|
|Food Analyst||Written Test + Interview||Written Test – 85%
Interview – 15%
|Technical Officer||CBT (Stage-1) + CBT (Stage-2)||CBT (Stage-1) – 50%
CBT (Stage-2) – 50%
|Central Food Safety Officer||CBT (Stage-1) + CBT (Stage-2)|
|Assistant Manager (IT)||CBT (Stage-1) + CBT (Stage-2)|
|Assistant Manager||CBT (Stage-1) + CBT (Stage-2)|
|Hindi Translator||CBT||CBT – 100%|
|Personal Assistant||CBT + Proficiency in Shorthand and Typing|
|Junior Assistant Grade-I||CBT|
Salient points to be noted about the FSSAI Exam Pattern
- Shortlisting of Candidates for CBT (Stage-2). Candidates in the ratio of 1:20 will be shortlisted for CBT (Stage-2).
- Shortlisting of Candidates for Interview –Candidates in the ratio of 1:5 will be shortlisted /called for an interview for the post.
- Shortlisting of Candidates for Proficiency in Shorthand and Typing (for the post of Personal Assistant) – Candidates in the ratio of 1:10 will be shortlisted for proficiency in shorthand.
- Qualifying the proficiency test in shorthand and typing will be mandatory for selection for the post. However, marks obtained in shorthand and typing exams will not be added to the final result.
- Introduce an additional stage of examination which would be notified at a suitable time, if considered necessary.
- Resolution in case of Tie at the Final Stage of Selection. In case of two/ three candidatesscoring the same marks at the final stage, the candidate possessing a desirable qualification wherever applicable as per Recruitment Regulations shall be given preference.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate older in age will get preference. If the tie continues to persist, the tie will be resolved by referring to the alphabetical order of names i.e. a candidate whose name begins with the alphabet which comes first in the alphabetical order will get the preference.
To know more about the subjects in the exam, the FSSAI Syllabus will give the right kind of details.
Frequently Asked Question about FSSAI Exam
Is the FSSAI exam tough?
How many questions are there in the FSSAI exam?
Are there any interviews in FSSAI?
Candidates can refer to the following links for further government exam preparation.
|IBPS question paper||RRB Mock Test|
|IBPS Clerk previous year question paper||SBI PO Mock Test|
|SSC CGL previous year question paper||RBI Assistant Mock Test|
|SSC GD Mock Test||LIC HFL recruitment|