The prestigious annual state government examination of JK PSC, also known as the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission Examination, is one of the most popular career alternatives for young candidates across India.
The JK PSC Examination takes three critical stages:
- Preliminary Exam,
- Mains Exam, and
- Personal Interview Round.
In the year 2021, the examination of JK PSC Prelims was conducted on October 24, in which lakhs of aspirants appeared to get selected into the final stages of JK PSC Mains and Personal Interview rounds.
If you’re still deciding whether to attempt India’s most prestigious competitive examinations, our team at BYJU’S can help you achieve the best career options in the future!
|Preparing for the upcoming Government Exam?? Kickstart your preparation now with the links given below:|
JK PSC Exam Dates 2021-22
The official notification to conduct the J&K Combined Competitive Exam 2021 was released on 26th February 2021. The online application began on March 11, 2021, and the aspirants could fill out the application till April 12, 2021. The J&K Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Exam, 2021 was held on 24th October 2021. The result for the Preliminary stage was released on 13th November 2021.
The candidates who cleared the Prelims exam were asked to fill out an online J&K Mains application form which began on 30th November 2021 and ended on January 6th 2022. The J&K Combined Competitive (Main) Examination is scheduled to be conducted from 10th March 2022 onwards.
|JKPSC CCE 2021-22 – Exam Dates|
|Name of Examination||JKPSC Combined Competitive Examination 2022|
|Conducting Authority||Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC)|
|Official Release of Notification for JK PSC Exam, 2021||February 26, 2021|
|Beginning of Online Application Process for JK PSC Prelims||March 11, 2021|
|Closing of Online Application Process for JK PSC Prelims||April 12, 2021|
|Number of posts||187|
|Issue of prelims admit card||12th October 2021|
|Date of preliminary exam||24th October 2021|
|Official Release of the Answer Key for the JK PSC Prelims||October 25, 2021|
|JKPSC Prelims Result 2021||13th November 2021|
|Beginning of Online Application Process for JK PSC Mains||November 30, 2021|
|Closing of Online Application Process for JK PSC Mains||January 6, 2022|
|Date of issue of admit card for JKPSC CCE Mains exam||26th February 2022|
|Date of Mains exam||10, 11, 12, 16, and 17 March 2022|
Additional Information about JK PSC Exam Dates, 2021
- The JK PSC Preliminary examination is considered a vital qualifying test for the test takers because only a limited number of students can secure a place in the JKPSC Mains Examination.
- However, it must be noted that the number of marks obtained during the Preliminary Examination by an aspirant is only indicative of a qualifying criterion for their entry into the further rounds of the JK PSC Examination, 2021. This means that this score does not affect the final cumulative result of the applicant.
- After completing the eight examinations prescribed as mandatory and optional papers, the JK PSC Commission releases a merit list of selected candidates that go through to the final stages of the JK PSC selection process.
- Generally, the JK PSC releases the answer key to each paper and the merit list of selected candidates via public notification within the same month in which the JK PSC Examinations are conducted by the authorities of the state government of J&K.
- After the official announcement of the JK PSC Mains Examination results, very few candidates who secure the highest marks cumulatively in all the rounds are required to go through a rigorous personality review by the judges of the Jammu and Kashmir State Public Services Commission.
- These selected candidates are called upon to take part in the final stage of the Personal Interview before they can be recruited as public/administrative officers in the different departments of the Jammu & Kashmir state governments.
- Finally, the state commission’s reputed and senior government officials conduct the JK PSC Personality Assessment Interview. They analyse the overall personalities of the aspirants through one-to-one interviews directed towards their reading and writing skills, listening skills, communication skills, ability to answer spontaneous questions, dressing style, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions about JKPSC Exam Dates
When was the JKPSC Prelims Examination, 2021 held?
The JK PSC Prelims Examination, 2021, was held on October 24, 2021.
When will the JKPSC Mains Examinations, 2022 be held?
According to the revised notification, the JK PSC Mains Examinations will be conducted between March 10, 2022, to March 17, 2022.
Also, all government exam aspirants can check the best Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams in the linked article.
For other important state examinations, aspirants can check the table below: