Class 5 is where students learn a bit more in detail about the world around them. With topics like the human body, the moon and more, the class 5 cbse syllabus brings forth the interest of students into the subject. The cbse class 5th syllabus is given below:
- Living and non-living things: The characteristics based on which things are classified as living and non-living things.
- Reproduction in plants: Learn about the role of seeds in the multiplication of plant life.
- Animals: Learn about how the animal body functions and varies between the different species.
- Human body: Get to know about the different systems in the human body. Starting from the skeletal system, the nervous system, the muscular system and the different organs which are a part of it.
- Food: Learn about the nutrients we eat in the food we need, how to have a balanced diet and the deficiency diseases that can get you sick in the case of a lack in certain nutrients.
- Health and hygiene: Learn more about disease and the different kinds of diseases like deficiency diseases, communicable diseases and infectious diseases.
- Safety and first aid: Know about why and how the negligence in matters of safety cause accidents. Also, learn how to apply first aid and about fire.
- Our environment: Learn about how our environment works and sustains with the intertwined cycles of the planet.
- Air: Learn about how the circulation of gases happen on the planet between the different layers of the atmosphere and more.
- Water and its conservation: Imprinting the importance of water onto the student and the scarcity of potable water on the planet.
- Our universe: Learn about the moon and the different planets in our solar system.
- Rock and minerals: Study about the importance of soil, formation of soil and soil erosion and more.
- Simple machines: Learn how simple machines like a lever, pulley, an incline and other simples machines help to take out a portion of the effort we put to accomplish a task.
- Matter: Learn about the different states of matter.
The syllabus covers and explains everyday events with the facts of science. Topics like the human body and the universe help students to have a better understanding of our world.