|Lawrencium Atomic Number||103|
|Lawrencium Atomic Mass||(262) g.mol −1|
|Discovered by||Albert Ghiorso in 1961|
It is a synthetic chemical and has 12 isotopes. The most stable isotope from the twelve is 266Lr which has a half-life of eleven hours.
Check out the following link to learn about isotopes and isobars.
Chemical Properties of Lawrencium
|Group||Actinides||Melting point||1627°C, 2961°F, 1900 K|
|Block||f||Density (g cm−3)||Unknown|
|Atomic number||103||Relative atomic mass|||
|State at 20°C||Solid||Key isotopes||262Lr|
|Electron configuration||[Rn] 5f14 7s2 7p1||CAS number||22537-19-5|
|ChemSpider ID||28934||ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database|
What is Lawrencium?
- Lawrencium with atomic number 103 is represented in the periodic table with the symbol ‘Lr’
- It never occurs as a free element in nature it was created by accelerating sub-atomic particles that have been surrounded by a circle. So that there is sufficient energy to destroy an existing atom and create a new atom.
- Lawrencium is a radioactive transuranic element that is synthesized from californium.
Uses of Lawrencium
- Lawrencium is of not much use due to its radioactive nature.
- They are purely used for scientific research only.
Properties of Lawrencium
- Lawrencium is of not much use. They are purely used for scientific research only.
- Isotopes of Lawrencium are radioactive. Its isotopes have a half-life of eleven hours and it is the longest-lived super-heavy till date.
- Among all isotopes of Lawrencium, only 12 isotopes are known with mass numbers 252, 262 and 266.
Certain Facts About Lawrencium
- It was discovered in the year 1961, in February 1991.
- It is actually an actinide in spite of its position in the periodic table that should be a transition metal.
Frequently asked questions
What is the melting point of Lawrencium?
Lawrencium belongs to which family?
This element is from Actinide series which is located in Group 3 elements of the Periodic Table.
Write the electronic configuration of lawrencium.
[Rn] 5f14 7s2 7p1.
Lawrencium is a radioactive metal. True or false?
What is the freezing point of Lr?