The Union Education Minister launched the KAPILA Kalam Programme on the 89th birth anniversary of former President and Scientist Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
Candidates can know in details about APJ Abdul Kalam on the linked page.
Since the KAPILA Kalam Campaign has been in the news recently, it forms an important part of the current affairs section of various competitive exams.
Aspirants of IAS exam might encounter questions related to KAPILA Kalam Programme in Prelims, GS1 and GS2 of UPSC.
|Gain an edge over your competition to ace competitive exams in the first attempt! Check the links for comprehensive preparation –|
KAPILA Kalam Campaign
- KAPILA is an acronym for Kalam Program for IP (Intellectual Property) Literacy and Awareness.
- The KAPILA programme was launched virtually on 15th October 2020 by the Union Education Ministers, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
- Through the KAPILA Kalam Program, Government of India will spread the awareness and importance of patenting and inventions
- Under this campaign, students pursuing education in higher educational institutions will get information about the correct system of the application process for patenting their invention and they will be aware of their rights.
- The program will facilitate the colleges and institutions to encourage more and more students to file patents.
- To promote awareness in the field, the Ministry celebrated the week from 15th October to 23rd October as ‘Intellectual Property Literacy Week’.
Know about the Intellectual Property Rights on the linked page.
Aspirants preparing for any government exams can visit the link provided to prepare even better for the examination-
- Free Online Quiz for Government Exams
- Government Exams Free Mock Test Series
- Government Exam Previous Year Question Papers with Solution PDFs
Aim of KAPILA Kalam Programme
Through the KAPILA Kalam Programme, the government will spread awareness with the help of educational programs about the importance of patenting an invention, to lead India towards self-reliance.
It aims to tap the resources in the field of Intellectual Property to come ahead with their inventions and blend it towards Patents.
Read about the National IPR Policy on the page linked here.
KAPILA Kalam Programme – Other Related Facts
- The Institution Innovation Council (IIC 2.0) annual report was also presented on the launch day of KAPILA Kalam Campaign.
- The launch of IIC 3.0 and its website were also announced.
- The Institution Innovation Council was established by the Ministry of Education in 2018.
- IICs have been established in about 1700 higher educational institutions.
- They will be established in 5000 higher educational institutions under IIC 3.0.
Sample Questions on Kapila Kalam Programme
Q1. Who among the following has launched the ‘KAPILA’ Kalam Program?
- Dr Harsh Vardhan
- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
- Prakash Javadekar
- Piyush Goyal
Q2. The KAPILA kalam Programme is launched to mark the importance of ______.
- Science and Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Defence and Space Technology
- Environment Protection
Q3. The launch of KAPILA Kalam Campaign marks the 89th birth anniversary of ____.
- Maulana Abdul Kalam Azaad
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay
Candidates who are preparing for different Government exams can go through the linked page for relevant details on upcoming examinations.
Other Related Links
|ATAL Tinkering Labs||Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)||Skill India Mission|
|Make in India Programme||VAIBHAV Summit||Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)|
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan||Startup India Scheme||Global Innovation Index|
Know about various other Government Schemes launched for the welfare and development of the country.
Aspirants preparing for the UPSC exam can check the links given below –
You can also check out the preparation strategies for competitive exams to fine-tune your exam prep.