UPSC important instructions to the candidate/UPSC admit card 2017 instructions
UPSC released e-Admit Cards for candidates taking the prelims exam due to be held on 18th June 2017. It also issued a set of important instructions which candidates must be aware of. This article gives you the instructions issued by the UPSC prior to the UPSC IAS prelims exam.
List of important instructions to the candidate UPSC:
- Candidates are advised to check their e-admit cards and check for any mistakes in it. Any discrepancy must be brought to the attention of the board in writing.
- In the correspondence with the UPSC for any correction, candidates must mention their name, registration ID, roll number, name and year of the examination.
- Candidates have to produce the admit card at the examination hall before taking the exam. Without it they won’t be allowed to sit for the IAS prelims.
- Candidates are advised to keep this admit card safe. If anyone else produces the same admit card for the exam, it would be their responsibility to prove their authenticity.
- Candidates are required to be at the exam hall 20 minutes before the start of the exam.
- Candidates who reach ten minutes after the exam has started will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Candidates who appear at a different exam centre from the one allotted to them should know that their answer sheets will not be evaluated.
- At the exam centre, candidates should read the “Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination” displayed outside the hall.
- Candidates are advised to fill in the details like name, roll number and test booklet series properly and without any mistakes in the OMR.
- Candidates are barred from carrying mobile phones, IT gadgets, calculators, Bluetooth and any electronic gadgets inside the premises of the exam centre. Candidates who do not adhere to these rules will be liable to disciplinary action, and can also be barred from taking future examinations. Candidates are also recommended not to bring expensive items to the centre.
- Candidates should only use BLACK BALL POINT PEN for marking in the OMR.
- Orthopedically /visually impaired candidates who will be taking the services of scribes should note that scribes will be issued separate admit cards, and they will not be allowed entry to the exam hall unless they produce their separate e-admit cards.
- If the candidate’s photo on the admit card is not clear, he/she will have to bring another photo ID card like Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving License, etc. for proof. They should also bring two passport size photographs one for each session of the prelims exam.
Visit BYJU’S Website for strategy and articles on free IAS prep and all the latest on UPSC IAS exam.