The UPSC civil services exam is considered one of the toughest exams in India. On average, candidates take more than 2 attempts to clear this exam. But every year, there are several candidates who clear the UPSC exam in their very first attempt. Some of them even go on to top the exam with high marks. It takes a special kind of effort for candidates to crack the IAS exam in the very first attempt and secure the service of their choice. Of course, some candidates do crack the exam in the first attempt but fail to get the service of their liking. In this article, we have furnished a list of toppers who had cleared the exam in their maiden attempts. Please note this list does not include candidates who had cleared the exam in their first attempt but were ranked beyond the top 20 IAS Toppers.
IAS First Attempt Winners
|Srushti Jayant Deshmukh||5||2018|
|Koya Sree Harsha||6||2017|
|Dr. Neha Jain||12||2017|
|Anmol Sher Singh Bedi||2||2016|
|Kothamasu Dinesh Kumar||6||2016|
|Saketa Raja Musinipally||14||2014|
|Ajay Kumar Dwivedi||17||2014|
|C M Saikanth Varma||18||2014|
|Sorabh Babu Maheshwari||1||2000|
How to clear IAS in the first attempt
Though clearing the UPSC Exam in the first attempt seems like a very difficult task, many people have done it in the past. All it takes is determination, unwavering focus and of course, a smart and guided approach to the IAS exam. The first step after you have made a decision to take a shot at the IAS exam is to download a copy of the UPSC syllabus. After that, you should collect the previous years’ UPSC question papers and go through them. To become an IAS topper, you should dedicate yourself to the exam and study with determination and in the right approach.
A few pointers to clearing the UPSC Exam :
- Do not panic: It takes some time to gain a rhythm in UPSC preparation which works for you.If a concept seems hard and you get stuck, do not panic, think it through and you will get clarity on how to study that particular concept.
- Plan meticulously: Always have a realistic and achievable schedule to follow while preparing for IAS. Try to stick to it as much as you can. Making a planner and keeping track of the goals helps too.
- Understand yourself: Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses will help you in focussing your preparation. This focus and understanding will help immensely in optimising every stage of UPSC preparation according to your needs.
- Practice: Before you take the actual exam, you should take mock practice tests both for the prelims and the mains. This will help you gain confidence and gain experience in framing your answers properly.
- Stay focused: Preparing for the UPSC exam can be extremely challenging, so keep yourself motivated and stay positive. Always look at the bright side of things and be confident about your ability to crack the IAS exam.
Now, prepare a plan of action for cracking the IAS exam. You need to set aside at least one year for your IAS preparation. Make a study schedule and start with the basic books like the NCERTs. Also, start a daily habit of reading the newspaper. UPSC Current affairs is perhaps the most important part of your IAS exam preparation. So, give adequate focus to what is happening in the country and internationally. This will make the difference between clearing and losing an attempt in the UPSC exam. With these pointers, we wish you all the best for the examinations!
|How to crack the IAS exam in the very first attempt?|
|IAS in first attempt without coaching|
|10 Must Habits Which Will Help You Crack UPSC in First Attempt|
To know more about UPSC Exam, please visit the following links: