In this article, we shall discuss the impact of negative marking in the SBI PO Preliminary Examination for the year 2020.
In 2019, State Bank of India announced the recruitment of 2,000 SBI bank vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer (PO). This is a golden opportunity for aspirants who are willing to take the SBI PO 2019 examination. If you are one among them and if you are confused about the negative marking then you’ve landed on the right page.
Read this article to understand the complete details about the examination, cut off marks, negative marking and the SBI PO exam pattern.
Further, this article will give you additional information and provide you with effective tips to make the negative marking to the positive marks.
We hope this information would prove more useful to you to clear all your doubts regarding the SBI PO examination 2019.
For detailed information on various Bank PO exams check the article linked here.
Details of Negative Marking in SBI PO Exam
Below are the complete details about the negative marking in the SBI PO bank examination 2019:
- The SBI PO Prelims examination consists of an Objective test. This objective part is completely based on important topics such as –
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- English Language
- The SBI PO Prelims examination consist of the different sections as listed above. The total number of questions in this exam is 100 marks and the total time allotted for the examination is 1 hour.
- One mark is allotted for each question and ¼ or in other words 0.25 negative marking is deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Apart from the negative marking scheme, there is also a sectional cutoff that you should be aware of. To successfully clear the SBI PO Prelims examination and move ahead to the SBI PO Mains, you have to qualify in each and every section to get the merit score and score well in every section.
- Based on this score, SBI decides the list of shortlisted candidates. In 2019, the SBI PO Prelims examination is scheduled to be held 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019 and the candidates who qualify in the Preliminary examination will have to appear for the SBI PO Mains examination on July 20, 2019.
To know more about SBI PO Exam Dates 2019, click at the linked article.
Tips to Crack the SBI PO Preliminary Exam 2019
- First, candidates should be fully aware of the different sections of the SBI PO Preliminary examination as per the SBI PO Prelims Syllabus and the weightage of questions from each section.
- They should plan their study schedule accordingly and know the topics under each section like:
- The English language section consists of the cloze test, reading comprehension, sentence rearrangement, vocabulary and some questions based on the grammatical errors.
- The quantitative and reasoning sections are pretty time-consuming parts and require a lot of practice to excel. It is important to remember that the mathematical part cannot be solved without practice.
- Beyond this, candidates need to concentrate on the accuracy and time management strategies because the examination is conducted online. It would become difficult to solve all the questions if more time is taken to solve a particular problem and make it to the next level of the examination.
To explore the complete SBI PO Syllabus, click at the linked article.
SBI PO Preparation
Candidates who are currently preparing for SBI PO exam can refer some online resources to excel in the challenging test. They can also refer to BYJU’S study materials and refer to the BYJU’S: The Learning App which is designed by our subject experts. Given below are some of the benefits that a candidate can make use of –
- Time-saving: Candidates can understand the concepts quickly in a less time.
- Regular tests: Candidates can opt to take tests whenever they complete watching any particular concept. Once they finish the test, a detailed report is given based on their performance.
- Reference Materials: There are many tests like previous year papers, sample papers, adaptive learning techniques for aspirants.
For candidates who are looking for SBI Exams and information about the syllabus, mock tests and other information, they can join BYJU’S Bank Exam Learning Program. Watch out this space for more information about SBI PO examination and tips on upcoming bank exams.
|SBI PO Eligibility Criteria||IBPS Clerk Syllabus|
|SBI Clerk Exam Pattern||SBI Recruitment|
|IBPS PO Exam Pattern||SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus|