LIC AAO is an exam conducted by Life Insurance Corporation of India. Life Insurance Corporation is the largest insurance company in India. LIC is considered to be the dominant life insurer in the Indian insurance sector and is moving fast, surpassing its records.
The LIC AAO exam which was scheduled to be conducted on April 4, 2020 has been postponed due to the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus. The revised schedule of the Prelims examination for the post of AE/AAO shall be notified later to the candidates.
Given below is the official announcement released by the Life Insurance Corporation of India:
LIC AAO Notification 2020 released for Specialist Officers by Life Insurance Corporation of India on February 25, 2020. Vacancies have also been released for the post of Assistant Engineers by LIC. Total 168 vacancies have been released for the post of LIC AAO (Specialist) and 50 vacancies for LIC Assistant Engineers.
There has been a slight change in the LIC AAO exam pattern as well, which candidates can check further below in this article.
Candidates can download the LIC AAO (Specialist) Notification 2020-21 below:
LIC AAO (Specialist) Notification 2020-21:- Download PDF Here
Life Insurance Corporation conducts various exams each year for different posts, and the past many years has managed to attract lakhs of candidates to opt for a job opportunity in the insurance sector.
The records show that LIC AAO exam is not an annual procedure and LIC holds the recruitment as per the requirement of the Organization. Candidates willing to apply for any other LIC Exams can visit the linked article for more details.
Given below are the details regarding LIC AAO recruitment 2020-21:
|Conducting Body||Life Insurance Corporation of India|
|Post||Assistant Administrative Officer|
|Vacancy||168 (for 2020)|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
This article talks about the recruitment of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) for different specializations in LIC. Candidates planning on applying for the exam can refer to this article for details about LIC AAO exam.
Table of Contents:
- LIC AAO Recruitment
- LIC AAO Job Profile
- LIC AAO Eligibility Criteria
- LIC AAO Exam Pattern
- LIC AAO Syllabus
- LIC AAO Preparation
LIC AAO Recruitment
Life Insurance Corporation of India conducts LIC AAO recruitment. Candidates across the country apply for the exam, and the recruitment process begins once LIC releases the official notification.
The recruitment is not annually conducted, and the last recruitment notification was released in 2019. Before this, LIC issued the previous notice for AAO recruitment in the year 2016.
LIC AAO (Specialist) notification 2020 has been released and candidates can check the important dates regarding the LIC AAO exam in the table given below:
|LIC AAO Exam 2020|
|Online Registration||February 25, 2020, to March 15, 2020|
|Preliminary Exam Admit Card||To Be Notified Later|
|Preliminary Exam||To Be Notified Later|
|Mains Admit Card||To Be Notified Later|
|Mains Exam||To Be Notified Later|
|Interview||To Be Notified Later|
Given below are the important dates regarding the LIC AAO exam recruitment for the year 2019:
|LIC AAO 2019||Important Dates|
|Official Notification||March 2, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||March 22, 2019|
|LIC AAO Admit card (Prelims)||April 22, 2019|
|Preliminary Exam||May 4 and May 5, 2019|
|LIC AAO Admit card (Mains)||June 11, 2019|
|Mains Exam||June 28, 2019|
|Interview||August and September 2019|
The last recruitment notification released in the year 2016. LIC AAO recruitment exam dates for 2016 are as mentioned below:
|LIC AAO 2016||Important Dates|
|Official Notification||December 15, 2015|
|Last Date to Apply||January 5, 2016|
|LIC AAO Admit card||February 20, 2016|
|Written Exam||March 5,2016, March 6, 2016,
March 12, 2016, and March 13, 2016
|Interview||April/ May 2016|
The notification for the exam is released on the official website of LIC, and it states the details about the number of vacancies, salary, application process, etc. The vacancies released by LIC for AAO vary year wise and depends upon the requirement of the insurance company.
Given below are the number of vacancies released by LIC AAO:
|LIC AAO Recruitment year||LIC AAO Vacancy|
The number of aspirants applying for different posts in LIC has been increasing each year. A significant reason for this increase is the salary and other benefits provided by LIC. Given below is the salary structure for LIC AAO 2020:
|LIC AAO Post||Basic Pay||Salary|
|Assistant Administrative Officer||Rs. 32795/-||Rs. 57000/-|
For more details regarding LIC AAO Recruitment related to the application process and detailed recruitment, candidates can visit the linked article.
|Preparing for the LIC AAO Exam 2021??
Solve the Free Online LIC AAO Mock Test Now and test your preparation!
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the upcoming LIC AAO exam:
LIC AAO Job Profile
AAO in LIC is primarily an administrative job. The job of the candidates hired in LIC AAO varies as per the department he/she is appointed.
The major role of a candidate hired in LIC AAO job profile will be as under:
- Officers hired in AAO have to head the department in supervising the general function.
- Their duties include inspection and analysis of current policies, responsibility for planning, and processing new schemes and policy applications.
- Creating and maintaining databases and Interacting with customers, clients, sales personnel, vendors, etc. and resolving the issues
- Communicate and co-ordination across various departments.
- Negotiating with Agents or Development Officers.
- And the task as assigned by the department head.
Candidates applying for different specializations work according to their specialized category.
Candidates can check the LIC AAO result at the linked article.
LIC AAO Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to apply for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer need to fulfil the desired eligibility criteria mentioned in the official notification released by LIC.
The LIC AAO eligibility criteria is as mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Age Limit: Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and should not be more than 30 years of age. However, certain age relaxation is available for candidates belonging to different categories.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates who apply for LIC AAO must have a Bachelor’s degree in the specialization they have opted for.
For detailed information about LIC AAO Eligibility Criteria, visit the linked page.
LIC AAO Exam Pattern
LIC AAO exam pattern for the year 2020 has slightly changed from the exam pattern that was followed until the last recruitment drive for LIC AAO in 2019.
The selection process comprises 4 phases:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Pre- Recruitment Medical Exam
The table below shows the LIC AAO exam pattern in detail for the year 2020:
|LIC AAO Exam Pattern|
|LIC AAO Exam||Syllabus||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35 marks||20 minutes|
|English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension||30**||30 marks||20 minutes|
|Mains Exam (CA/Actuarial/Rajbhasha/IT)||Reasoning Ability||30||90 marks||40 minutes|
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60 marks||20 minutes|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60 marks||20 minutes|
|Professional knowledge||30||90 marks||40 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25 marks||30 minutes|
|Mains Exam (Legal)||Reasoning Ability||30||90 marks||40 minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||30||90 marks||40 minutes|
|General Awareness, Current Affairs||30||60 marks||20 minutes|
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60 marks||20 minutes|
|Legal Drafting for AAO||2||25 marks||30 marks|
**Candidates must note that the English Language section in the prelims exam is only qualifying in nature and the maximum marks that can be scored in the prelims exam are 70.
The last step is the Pre Recruitment Medical Examination. The candidates who are shortlisted after the merit calculated based on mains exam and interview are called for the medical test. Only the candidates who qualify the medical exam are appointed for the post of LIC AAO.
LIC AAO Syllabus
LIC AAO syllabus for the recruitment exam is widely spread and the candidates appearing for the exam need to go through the LIC AAO syllabus well before starting to prepare for the exam.
The exam syllabus is divided into different sections, and the subjects include:
- Reasoning Ability: This section is common for all candidates in both prelims and mains exam. It includes logical and analytical reasoning. Candidates can refer to Logical Reasoning for detailed reasoning syllabus.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section includes questions related to mathematics and data interpretation. This is common for the preliminary exam but applicable only for LIC AAO Generalist mains exam.
- English Language: This section includes comprehension, grammar-related questions, vocabulary, etc. for the preliminary exam. For the descriptive exam, it includes essay and letter writing.
- Professional Knowledge: This section is a part of the mains exam for candidates opting for specializations in IT, CA, Actuarial, and Rajbhasha. This comprises questions related to the professional subject that the candidate has chosen.
- General Awareness and Current Affairs: Candidates need to be completely aware of the static general knowledge of the country and the world. Also, all current events and inventions across the world to qualify in this section.
- Insurance and Financial Market Awareness: Everything related to the insurance sector: the schemes, policies, organizations, etc. is a part of this section.
The above- mentioned syllabus is briefly described. Candidates can get the detailed LIC AAO Syllabus in the linked article.
LIC AAO Preparation
The LIC AAO exam is one of the most awaited exams in the field of banking and insurance. Although the exam is not conducted on an annual basis yet the number of candidates aspiring to qualify the exam is very high.
Candidates aspiring to prepare for the exam need to follow a few tips which may help them in preparing well for the exam. The tips are as follows:
- Candidates must set a proper schedule and study accordingly.
- Equal time should be spent in preparation for each section as each section needs to be individually qualified.
- Candidates should figure out their strengths in the paper and prepare well for that particular section. This may help in scoring more in the exam.
- Although there is no negative marking, yet candidates should not try and attempt the questions they are not sure of attempting.
Candidates willing to appear for the LIC AAO exam need to prepare themselves before appearing for the exam thoroughly. The below-mentioned books contain exhaustive syllabus of the paper and can refer to these books for the preparation:
|LIC AAO Books|
|Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma||Verbal and Non- Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal|
|Objective English by S.P. Bakshi||Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma|
|Monthly Edition of Pratiyogita Darpan||English Grammar by Wren and Martin|
Candidates can refer to LIC AAO Preparation for more tips and study material related to the Assistant Administrative Officer exam.
Frequently Asked Questions on LIC AAO
Q 1. Is the English Language section in LIC AAO prelims only qualifying in nature?
Q 2. What is the negative marking scheme for the LIC AAO exam?
Q 3. What are the job responsibilities of an Assistant Administrative Officer in LIC?
Ans. Given below are the job responsibilities of an AAO in LIC:
- Inspecting Policies
- Managing and Filing Claims
- Formulating New Schemes
- Finance and Accounts
- Interacting with Clients
- Negotiations with Clients