Ankita Jain born in Agra and brought up in Delhi has secured All India Rank 3 in the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020. She was able to top the IAS Exam in her fourth attempt with constant effort.
This article talks about the IAS Topper Ankita Jain and her family background, her UPSC journey and her strategy.
The aspirants can read more about other UPSC 2020 Toppers in the top 5, and their strategies from the links below:
|UPSC 2020 AIR 1 Shubham Kumar||UPSC 2020 AIR 2 Jagrati Awasthi|
|UPSC 2020 AIR 4 Yash Jaluka||UPSC 2020 AIR 5 Mamta Yadav|
Family Background of Ankita Jain
- Recently, Ankita Jain married IPS Abhinav Tyagi, who hails from Agra.
- Her husband serves as an IPS Officer in Maharashtra cadre.
- Her younger sister, Vaishali Jain, has secured 21st rank in the Civil Services Examination 2020.
- Hobbies – Dancing, playing chess, cooking.
UPSC Journey of Ankita Jain
- Ankita Jain did her B Tech in Computer Science from Delhi Technological University.
- After completing her studies, she worked in Qualcomm Private Limited, Bangalore for 14 months.
- Later, she joined Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as a scientist through her GATE score.
- Afterwards, Ankita Jain was posted at one of the prestigious posts of UPSC, Audit and Accounts Services in Mumbai, after securing a rank in the second attempt.
- She got infected by COVID-19 before she gave Mains Exam, but she was strong in the difficult times and overcame this situation by being mentally stable and through family support.
- In 2021, she topped the UPSC CSE Exam at the age of 28 years and ranked AIR 3 in her fourth attempt.
- She aspires to join the IAS and works towards women and child development.
Also read about:
|UPSC 2019 AIR 1 Pradeep Singh||UPSC 2015 AIR 5 Shashank Tripathi|
|UPSC 2016 AIR 8 Yogesh Kumbhejkar||UPSC 2017 AIR 1 Anudeep Durushetty|
|UPSC 2016 AIR 1 Nandini KR||UPSC 2015 AIR 3 Jasmeet Singh Sandhu|
UPSC Strategy of Ankita Jain
- Ankita Jain used IAS Syllabus as the guiding tool for her preparation, as it gives direction for the preparation and is also useful in interlinking and interpreting the topics.
- Time management is another important key for succeeding in UPSC Exam.
- The importance of hard work and dedication has helped her in being a UPSC Topper 2020.
- She topped the 2020 UPSC CSE Exam while she was working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Services. Read more about UPSC Preparation for Working Professionals, from the linked article.
- She could manage work and preparation only because she has focused on what she was doing and time management in everything.
- She maintained her own timetable for daily activities. This way she was able to manage her time.
- She consistently studied at least 6 hours a day, and studying NCERTs books till the 12th standard helped her in building the base knowledge.
- Making notes and constant revision from the notes led her UPSC preparation path to success.
Other related links:
|IAS Salary||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Success Stories|
|UPSC Cut Off||LBSNAA – Bharat Darshan: IAS Training In Detail|
|UPSC Calendar 2022||IAS Interview Questions|