Candidates who clear the UPSC Prelims exam should apply for the UPSC Mains exam online through the official UPSC website. This time, they should fill in the Detailed Application Form (DAF) and submit it to the commission. Before filling the DAF, candidates should know the guidelines for filling the form and here we present the same.
For details on the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC, candidates can visit the link IAS Exam.
|Aspirants should begin their preparation by solving UPSC Previous Year Question Papers now!!
To complement your preparation for the upcoming exam, check the following links:
Guidelines for filling the online (DAF) Detailed Application Form for UPSC Main Exam
How to Fill DAF UPSC?
Candidates are advised to go through the Gazette of India and read carefully the Rules of the Examinations that include eligibility criteria among the others.
Points to Remember before Filling the Form
- Candidates who qualified in the prelims exam must fill up and submit the Online Detailed Application Form by logging onto the UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Candidates should make sure that they have filled all the columns correctly. The Commission will not entertain any correspondence from the candidates to change any of the entries made while filling the Online Detailed Application Form.
Candidates should register at the UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in to fill the Online Detailed Application Form (DAF). For IAS Eligibility, check the linked article.
How to Fill UPSC Form 2020?
On the registration module, candidates should fill all the details correctly, like
- Name – as recorded in the matriculation/ secondary examination certificate
- Roll Number – six-digit format
- Date of Birth- as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate
- E-mail address – should provide a valid email address, as the login credentials will be sent to the respective registered e-mail address provided by the candidates and also the commission may use the same for any future correspondence with the candidates.
Candidates should ensure to fill all the compulsory fields in the DAF for UPSC Mains 2020.
- After filling all the details, one should click on the submit button. A message on the screen will appear with the candidate’s name, email address and a password will be sent to the candidate’s e-mail address.
- After this, candidates should again visit the UPSC official website and should log in into the module with their roll number and password.
- ONLINE DAF (Detailed Application Form), the online DAF has 6 modules and they are:
- Personal Information
- Educational Information
- Parental Information
- Employment Information
- Upload documents and
- Final Submission
- Candidates should save each module after filling the same. Candidates can also make changes in any module before the final submission of the DAF (Detailed Application Form) but once the final submission is done candidates will not be able to make any changes online.
- Candidates should upload scanned copies of important documents like
- Proof of Age
- Educational Qualification
- Community Certificate
- PH Certificate etc.
- And, other required documents as mentioned in the Instructions to Candidates for filling in the Detailed Application Form.
Candidates should also check the EWS Certificate Criteria for IAS Exam in the linked article.
Some of the fields in the online form have been pre-populated using the information provided by the candidate at the time of filling up the earlier Online Application Form for writing the Written Examination/Preliminary Written Examination. These fields are candidate’s name, Date of Birth, Father’s name, Mother’s name, email address, Physically Challenged category, Disability percentage etc. Such fields cannot be changed by the candidate.
But, if a candidate finds any error/discrepancy in these fields, he/she may make a separate detailed demonstration to the Commission along with all relevant documents, in support of his/her claim. The Commission will resolve each such case on merit and its decision in such cases shall be final.
To get to UPSC Application Form 2020, you can check the linked article.