The UPSC releases the Detailed Application Form (DAF) before the UPSC mains exam every year. Candidates who have cleared the UPSC prelims should send the filled DAF online before the mentioned due date and also pay the exam fees of Rs.200 unless they are exempt. Along with the filled DAF there are many documents that you have to upload on the USPC official website. This article gives you the complete list of all documents to be uploaded along with the DAF. No hard copies are to be sent. Only scanned copies of all the documents are to be uploaded onto the website.
- Proof of age: You have to upload your matriculation or secondary school leaving certificate for the date of birth as proof of age. No other certificates like horoscopes, Municipal Corporation birth records, affidavits or service records are accepted by the UPSC.
- Certificate of educational qualification: You should upload the certificate that shows you are qualified to take the civil services, i.e., your degree certificate awarded by the university or an equivalent qualification as recognised by the UPSC.
- Certificate supporting OBC/SC/ST status (if applicable): You should upload the relevant certificate issued by the District Officer/Sub-divisional Officer/any other officer as authorised by the government to issue such certificates of the district in which your parents reside. In case of candidates with parents deceased, the district in which he/she normally resides will be applicable. This certificate should contain the same spelling of the caste name as published by the Central Government in their notifications.
- Certificate supporting age relaxation claim (if applicable): This will include the certificates for OBC/SC/ST status and/or disability certificate and/or J&K domicile and/or defence personnel.
- Disability certificate (if applicable): The disability certificate for physically handicapped candidates must be issued by a Medical Board constituted by the Central or State government.
- Certificate for proof of hailing from Arunachal Pradesh/Manipur/Nagaland/Meghalaya/Sikkim/Mizoram (if applicable): This is for such candidates to claim exemption from the compulsory Indian language paper in the mains exam. The competent authority to provide this certificate is the same as for OBC/SC/ST certificates.
- Undertaking for candidates in government service (if applicable): You should upload an undertaking stating that you have written to your Head of the Office/Department intimating him/her about your taking the UPSC exam.
- Documents supporting non-creamy layer OBC status (if applicable): In such case, you must upload proof in support of service/landholding/status/income from different sources/property held by your parents in support of non-creamy layer OBC claim.
- J&K Domicile (if applicable): You have to upload a certificate from the District Magistrate (or any other competent person authorised by the J&K government) under whose jurisdiction you had resided stating that you had been domiciled in the state between 1 January 1980 and 31 December 1989.
- Disabled while in defence service (if applicable): You should upload a certificate from the Director General Resettlement, Ministry of Defence stating that you were disabled while in service during any internal or external hostilities and were discharged from duty on account of it.
Visit BYJU’S Website for strategy and articles on free IAS prep and all the latest on UPSC IAS exam.