The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Examination every year and the notification for this examination is published in February. The notification for CSE 2019 will be released on 19 February 2019.
Once the application process is complete, the commission publishes the e-admit card for every eligible applicant about three weeks before the prelims exam. The e-admit card should be downloaded well in advance of the exam and kept safe as rules governing the use of admit card are quite strict and misuse such as impersonation leads to disqualification from the exam.
The commission only issues e-admit cards which have to be downloaded and printed from the official UPSC website. No admit cards are sent by post or email.
The e-admit card contains the following information:
- Personal details of the candidate such as name, roll number, father’s and mother’s name, disability status and if the candidate has asked to use the services of a scribe.
- Examination centre and venue.
- Examination time table
- Instructions for candidates
The e-admit card can be downloaded from the official UPSC website by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to upsconline.nic.in
- Click on e-admit cards for various examinations of UPSC option.
- Click on the relevant examination (in this case Civil Services) and it will redirect you to a new page where you are asked to click on download, it again redirects to another page where a final click is required.
- The above step will redirect you to the important instructions page, take a printout or download the pdf, then click on yes at the bottom of the page.
- Select either Registration Id or Roll Number and fill in the required details (Registration Id/Roll No. and Date of Birth) and click submit.
In case you have forgotten your Registration Id and do not know your roll number yet, you can click on the “Forgot RID” option and fill in the required details (Your Name, Father’s and Mother’s Name, Your Date of Birth) and submit to view the registration id. You can proceed to download the admit card following the normal process after this.
The prelims and mains have different admit cards. After the prelims results are declared, successful candidates have to fill the Detailed Application Form and download the e-admit card for mains using the same procedure as mentioned before.
The mains admit card also mentions the medium of the exam in addition to the other details common to all UPSC admit cards. The same format is used for Indian Forest Service Mains exam admit card as well.
Some important things to remember regarding UPSC admit cards:
- Keep the admit card safe, UPSC does not allow entrance to the exam venue without it.
- Do not tamper with the admit card or make any markings on it, if you find any discrepancies, immediately bring this to the notice of the UPSC by emailing or calling on their candidate helpline number.
- Go through the instructions that come with the admit card and follow them for a smooth examination process.
- Carry the admit card to each session of the exam as it is checked every time.
UPSC follows a common procedure for making admit cards available to candidates, i.e through the official website and not through post or email. UPSC examinations include the Engineering Services Exam, the Combined Defence Services Examination, the Combined Medical Services Examination, the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination and the Central Armed Police Forces Exam and many others depending on their requirements every year.
For more information on UPSC IAS Exam, please check out the following pages:
|UPSC Related Links|
|UPSC prelims syllabus||UPSC question paper|
|UPSC online coaching||UPSC best books|
|UPSC Application Process||UPSC photo requirements|
|UPSC 2019||UPSC Exam Pattern|