UTTAM App, abbreviated as ‘Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal’ was launched by the Ministry of coal for coal quality monitoring. The aim of the app is ensuring efficiency and transparency in the process of coal quality monitoring and at the same time, bringing the governance of coal, closer to the people. Coal India Limited (CIL) and the Ministry of Coal have jointly developed this app.
UTTAM App:- Download PDF Here
This article gives relevant details on Uttam App that would be beneficial for the IAS Exam.
|Candidates can strengthen their preparation for the UPSC Exams by taking the CSAT Mock Test now!!
To complement your preparation for the upcoming exam, check the following links:
Why was the UTTAM App created?
- The app has been built in a manner that it transforms the citizens as the stakeholders in the coal ecosystem.
- Before the creation of this app there was no accountability in a number of investigations by the Central Bureau of Investigations that had found many loopholes and fraudulent practices during the coal allocations scam.
- As a result greater calls for accountability in coal allocation management began to grow, hence leading to the creation of the app.
- The third-party sampling of coal, as well as the dispatch of coal to each and every subsidiary of the Coal India Limited, can be monitored through the application.
- A bidirectional channel between the citizens and Coal India Limited is facilitated by the App.
What are the Features of UTTAM App?
UTTAM App ensures accountability, transparency, effectiveness and efficiency in the coal ecosystem. It provides a platform for monitoring of sampling and coal dispatches. The App is designed with an aim to make the citizens a stakeholder in the coal ecosystem. UTTAM is an example of leveraging technology to facilitate a bidirectional channel between Coal India Limited and a common citizen. It ensures transparency and efficiency in the coal quality monitoring process and brings coal more accountable and open to the common folk.
- The app provides information with respect to the production, dispatch and quantity of the sampled coal in the coal power and non-power sector, bringing about transparency in coal quality assessment.
- Parameters of judging the quality, such as the Gross Calorific Value (GCV), analysed GCV as well as coverage parameters such as quantity of coal sampled and its location is holistically covered through an interactive map based view.
- The app provides mapping of the grade of coal dispatched to the consumers.
- The citizens can compare and assess the coal quality through the information provided by the app regarding the Gross Calorific Value that is declared subsidiary-wise.
- The efforts of CIL in improving the quality through third party sampling is validated, as the trend of complaints with respect to the quality of coal is reflected on the App.
- The import of coal is an attestation of the quality of coal that is produced within India. The app also presents the trends in coal imports over the last few years.
Aspirants can visit the following links relevant for their upcoming UPSC Civil Services Exam preparation –
Benefits of UTTAM APP
The UTTAM App would benefit in the following ways –
- For Subsidiary structure: The information about subsidiary-wise declared GCV will help citizens and coal consumers to compare and assess the coal quality coming from a particular mine.
- It will provide a proper mapping of the declared grade of coal dispatch to the consumers.
- For Coal consumer portal: The portal would give detailed information for coal consumers regarding the Third Party Sampling parameters.
- The App will give access to monitoring coal quality to individual coal consumers.
To know more about other Government Schemes, visit the linked article.
Questions related to UTTAM App
What is the purpose of the UTTAM app?
The app aims to ensure transparency and efficiency in the coal quality monitoring process and bring coal governance much more open and accountable to the general public.
What information does the app provide?
The app provides coverage of Third Party Sampling which includes information on production, dispatch and quantity sampled of coal.
When was the UTTAM app launched by the government?
The app was launched in April of 2018.
Get more information and tips regarding the UPSC Exams by clicking on the link given below: