The annual public services recruitment examination of the state government of Jammu & Kashmir, also known as the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission Examination, is a leading career option for thousands of young aspirants to enter the regime of government jobs.
The aspirants have to choose the best books to prepare for J&K Combined Competitive Exam.
The JKPSC CCE Exam is conducted in three stages:
Getting the right books for the subjects in prelims and mains will make a whole world of difference between success and failure. Keeping this in mind, this article will give the booklist for the JKPSC Exam.
Candidates preparing for the Government Exams can find the following like useful
Introduction to JKPSC Books
The selection of the right books plays a crucial role in helping aspirants crack JKPSC examinations.
For a more detailed understanding of the JKPSC Exam Pattern, visit the linked article.
JKPSC Prelims Books
- For the General Studies papers, Paper-I of the JK PSC exam, it is advised to thoroughly revise the concepts of NCERT Modules published by the McGraw Hills Publications company.
- For Geography, Geography of India, written by Majid Hussain, is a good choice. Check NCERT Notes: Geography Notes in the linked article.
- The book on Indian Economy by Uma Kapila is the best choice to study Economics. Check Economics Notes in the linked article.
- Indian Heritage, Art, and Culture by Madhukar Kumar Bhagat could be used to prepare for Art & Culture.
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth is the best choice to prepare for Polity.
- The logical reasoning part of the exam is an area that bothers most students. To boost your marks in logical reasoning, you can refer to A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S Agarwal.
Here you can find Daily Video Analysis of The Hindu.
It is important that candidates read the current affairs from only select credible sources. The notes for current affairs should be aligned with the KAS syllabus.
Other than newspapers, a few important current affair preparation sources are:
- Press Information Bureau – Get PIB Summary here
- Rajya Sabha TV – Get Gist of RSTV here
- Yojana Magazine – Get Gist of Yojana here
- Daily News Analysis
- Important Government Schemes
Aspirants who are preparing for JKPSC exams and also targeting for IAS Exam may check the linked article to align their preparation accordingly.
JKPSC KAS Mains Books
The main exam consists of a written round and an interview. Those who have done well in the written round are shortlisted for the interviews. The written exam consists of descriptive questions. The cut-off will be announced after the completion of the written examination.
- To prepare for the Social Science part that comes within General Studies, the aspirants should read numerous books on Current Affairs, Politics, Geography, Political Sciences, etc., Some of the books which could help students are Indian Heritage, Art, and Culture, written by Madhukar Kumar, and General Knowledge 2021, authored by Manohar Pandey.
- For attempting the papers of optional subjects of the JK PSC Mains Exam, such as Ethics and Integrity, aspirants can use Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude authored by RK Gupta (IRS).
- Also, Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude by Santosh Ajmera, Nanda Kishore Reddy/ McGraw Hill is one of the best choices to prepare the Ethics subject for competitive exams.
- For training yourself in the optional subject of English in the JK PSC Mains Exam, you must take up the book called Objective General English written by SP Baksi.
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal and Objective General English by SJ Thakur, SK Rout can be used by the aspirants to solve and practise questions based on the exam pattern of various competitive exams.
- While preparing for the optional subject of Economics in the JK PSC Mains Exam, you must rely upon the authority called Indian Economy authored by Uma Kapila.
- The preparation for history subject can be carried out by The History of Modern India written by Bipin Chandra.
- For International Relations and Global Current Affairs, you can use the authority called International Studies & Policy, authored by Nathan Halaapa.
- Current Affairs magazines like Digests, Times Global, Times of India, and local newspapers are also helpful for the GK section in the examination.
- While preparing for the JKPSC CCE Exam, the optional subject of Polity must be attempted with the help of a book named Indian Polity written by M. Laxmikanth.
- The preparation for the optional subject paper of Geography in the JKPSC must be dealt with Geography of India, authored by Majid Hussain.
From the links below, you can download the NCERT notes for free.
- NCERT Notes: Ancient Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Medieval Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Modern Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Art And Culture
- NCERT Notes: Geography Notes
Some useful links for the aspirants related to Optional subject papers are given below:
Note – Even though the above links are based on UPSC Mains, the aspirants can find it helpful as both the exams have optional subject papers.
JKPSC Interview Books
This is the final round in the JKPSC selection procedure that primarily aims to evaluate the personality and psychology of the applicant. The questions by judges test the alertness, problem-solving skills, and various other capabilities of the applicants.
- For appearing in the JKPSC Personality Test, the candidates must fine-tune their ideas from Cracking the Code to a Successful Interview written by Evan Pellett.
- The aspirants can also go through the ideas presented in the famous training-based book named Job Interview written by Brad James.
Additional Tips for JKPSC
- The JK PSC Preliminary examination is a crucial qualifying test for the test takers, as only a few can secure a place in the JKPSC Mains Examination.
- These selected candidates will be called upon for the final stage of the personal interview before getting recruited as public/administrative officers in the different departments of the Jammu & Kashmir state government.
- The JK PSC Personality Assessment Interview will be led by senior government officials of the state commission. They will analyse the overall personalities of the aspirants through one-to-one interviews. During the interview, the panel members will analyse your reading and writing skills, listening skills, communication skills, ability to make quick decisions, dressing style, etc.
For the Best preparation strategy for competitive exams, candidates can visit the linked article and get detailed study material and preparation tips to excel in the examination.
This summary of books and preparation material will help the prospective aspirants of the JKPSC Mains and Preliminary Examinations to achieve maximum success, thus helping them enter the finest possible public services in the state of Jammu & Kashmir in India.
Apart from this, to get the latest exam updates, study material, notes, and other relevant information, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for help and get expert assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions about JKPSC Books
What is the best reference book for the Polity paper in the JK PSC Mains Examination?
The best reference book for the subject “Polity” is Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth.
What is the best reference book for General English paper in the JKPSC Mains Examination?
The best reference book for the subject “General English” is Objective General English by RS Aggarwal.
What is the best guide for personality development preparation in the final interview round of the JKPSC Examination?
The excellent personality guide named Cracking the Code by Evan Pellett is the best preparation material you can access while preparing for the interview round of the JKPSC Examination.
For more information about upcoming Government Exams, visit the linked article. More exam-related preparation materials will be found through the links given below: