In 2019, a few cabinet committees were reconstituted. Cabinet Committee on Security was one such committee to be reconstituted under the Transaction. Hence, it becomes important for the IAS Exam aspirants to know about the important cabinet committees for UPSC preparation. ‘Cabinet Committee on Security’ is one of the important committees which is being discussed in this article.
|To complement your preparation for UPSC 2021, check the following links:|
Learn what is the cabinet committee from the linked article.
Aspirants can also read relevant articles linked below:
|Parliamentary Committees||Difference between Cabinet and Council of Ministers|
|List of Cabinet Ministers of India||Major Committees of Indian Constituent Assembly|
|Select Committee of Parliament||National Security Council|
Important Facts about the Cabinet Committee on Security
Cabinet Committee on Security – UPSC Notes
|What is the role of the Cabinet Committee on Security?||The committee is responsible for debates, discussions and appointments of/in the national security bodies.|
|What is the composition of Cabinet Committee on Security?||The following are the members of the CCS:
There are a few national security-related topics that an aspirant must read about:
|Cyber Security||National Security Doctrine|
|Security: Status of Symbol of Protection||Paramilitary and Armed Forces of India|
|List of Indian Army Exercises||Army Day was First Celebrated in India|
|Women in Commanding Role in Army||Army Design Bureau|
Functions of Cabinet Committee on Security
- Dealing with defence-related issues – For example, in January 2021, the Cabinet Committee on Security has cleared the purchase of Tejas Mark 1 A (Light Combat Aircraft) from the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- Dealing with the issues concerning law and order and national security – The committee discusses different initiatives to taken from time-to-time to enhance the national security of India.
- Discussing the issues concerning international deals that impact India’s security.
- Discussing the political issues revolving around the nation’s security.
- Evaluating the need for the national security apparatus and bringing in desired changes to enhance national security.
- Considering all cases involving capital expenditure of more than Rs. 1000 crores in respect of Department of Defence Production and Department of Defence Research and Development.
- Discussing matters related to atomic energy.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cabinet Committee on Security
Q 1. Who heads the Cabinet Committee on Security in India?
Q 2. What is the role of Cabinet Committee on Security in India?