Free UPSC IAS study material PDFs are hard to find for most Civil Services Examination candidates. The highly competitive nature of the IAS exam and the comprehensive UPSC Syllabus merits that the study material is of the best kind.
NCERT books are reputed to be among the best sources for UPSC exam.
Most IAS toppers have hailed these NCERT books as the essential starting point of their preparation. To ease the efforts of IAS aspirants, we have provided links to free download NCERT books for UPSC.
Kickstart your UPSC 2022 preparation today!
|Candidates preparing for the upcoming UPSC Prelims examination are advised to go through the following links to align their preparation:
NCERT Books Free Download
The UPSC Civil Services Exam Preparation is undeniably a prolonged and difficult process and to make this process easy, we have provided links to free download NCERT books pdf. The NCERT UPSC books are significant as they serve as a strong foundation in the civil services exam preparation and help one gain a complete idea about various topics and concepts as well as correlate the issues in news with these topics.
NCERT Books for UPSC
When it comes to the sources for IAS exam preparation, the NCERT UPSC Books and NIOS material play an important role. While many recommend the aspirants to read the NCERT UPSC Books, no one explains which NCERT Books should be given importance.
Aspirants can download UPSC books online for free in this section.
Hence, here we bring to you, the list of NCERT Books that are important for IAS prelims and mains examination. You can download free IAS materials like NCERT books from the links given below.
Here, in this section, IAS aspirants can download the UPSC Study material PDF of all the basic and necessary subjects for free.
Subject-wise download NCERT books (class 6- class 12th)
|Free download NCERT books – History||Free download NCERT books – Science|
|Free download NCERT books – Geography||Free download NCERT books – Maths (for CSAT)|
|Free download NCERT books – Polity||Free download NCERT books – Economics and Social Issues|
Free download UPSC E-books (Important NCERT books PDF)
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Social Change and Development in India
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Geography Class 11th Part 1
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Geography Class 11th Part 2
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Indian Society
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Political Science Class 11th
- Free download NCERT books pdf – The Story of Civilization Part 1- Arjun Dev
- Free download NCERT books pdf – The Story of Civilization Part 2- Arjun Dev
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Modern India – Bipan Chandra
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Ancient India – RS Sharma
- Free download NCERT books pdf – Medieval India – Satish Chandra
For UPSC Exam, here are a few more important links and articles to give your IAS preparation a boost.
|UPSC Prelims||UPSC Mains|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||IAS|
|UPSC Previous Year Question Papers||IAS Current Affairs|
|IAS Topper||UPSC Admit Card|
UPSC related queries
- Are NCERT books enough for the upcoming UPSC preparation?
- NCERT books are a must for the IAS exam. However, candidates should also refer to subject-specific books ( for e.g. Indian Polity by Laxmikanth) and keep tabs on the current affairs.
- What is the syllabus of UPSC Prelims?
- The UPSC Prelims syllabus can be divided into:
- General Studies (GS) Paper I – History, Geography, Economics, Current Affairs
- CSAT/ GS Paper II – Analytical and Comprehension questions ( Class X level)
- Refer the article UPSC Prelims syllabus for the detailed analysis.
- The UPSC Prelims syllabus can be divided into:
- How can I apply for UPSC 2022?
- To apply for IAS exam 2022, candidates have to fill the two-part online registration on the UPSC official website before the application deadline.
- How many marks are required to clear UPSC prelims?
- To clear IAS Prelims, a candidate has to score more than the cutoff in GS Paper – I. Also, the candidate has to score at least 33% marks in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) or GS Paper-II.
- Which magazine is best for UPSC preparation?
- For UPSC preparation, Yojana magazine is an essential resource. It has credible facts and data which can also be quoted in the IAS Mains exam as the magazine is published by the I&B Ministry. See this link for a detailed guide on how to read Yojana for UPSC 2022.
- What is the per month salary of an IAS officer in India?
- The basic monthly salary of IAS officers start at Rs.56,100(TA, DA and HRA are extra) and can go on to reach Rs.2,500,00 for the post of Cabinet Secretary. To know the pay scale and salary structure of an IAS officer after the 7th Pay Commission recommendations in detail, refer this article IAS Salary
- Can UPSC E-books also be used for IAS exam preparation?
- UPSC E-books are the soft copy version of the original books. These can be saved on your laptops, tablets, computer, mobile phones and have the exact same information as the hard copy of NCERT books. Candidates can easily use them for IAS exam preparation.
- When can one download NCERT E-books for UPSC preparation?
- The E-books version of NCERT books is easily available on multiple online portals. Candidates can download a copy for themselves using the free links given above in this article.