IBPS exams are conducted every year to recruit candidates in various roles in the participating banks. The IBPS SO Exam is held just once every year and the pattern of IBPS SO is no different than that of IBPS PO if CWE and interview are considered. But as the bank SO is a specialized bank job profile, the candidates are recruited as Specialized Officers and are designated to a particular department according to their specialization.
Institute of banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) recently declared a notification for the IBPS SO VII Exam recruitment process. Applicants can apply for different posts under this examlike IT Officer (Scale-I), Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I), Marketing Officer (Scale-I), Law Officer (Scale-I), Agriculture Field Officer (Scale-I), and HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I) Posts.
- Bank SO (IT Officer)
A bank IT Officer as per the name is recruited in the IT department and holds the key to optimizing, managing and controlling numerous tasks in the bank system. As an IT Officer, one could get to head the following services:
- ATM related queries
- Data center support and Maintenance
- MIS and Software Maintenance
- Query processing and Network Security Maintenance
Educational Qualification for IT Officer (Scale I):- Candidate must have a complete 4 year Engineering Degree in Computer Science /Information Technology / Computer Applications/ Electronics/ Information Technology /Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Telecommunications / Electronics & Instrumentation or Post Graduate Degree in Electronics / Computer Science / Electronics & Instrumentation / Electronics and Communication / Electronics and Telecommunication / Computer Applications or Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level.
- Bank SO (Agricultural Field Officer)
This post of SO is mostly assigned in rural branches of the bank. The tasks assigned to the Agricultural Officer are quite challenging. As an Agricultural Officer, one could get to head the following services:
- Providing detailed information regarding various banking process and schemes to all the customers. Keep the language as simple as possible depending on the crowd
- Emphasize on Govt. related schemes and benefit plans to people
- Promote loans to people who fulfill criteria of the bank.
Educational Qualification for Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I):- Candidate must have a complete 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture / Agro Marketing & Cooperation/ Veterinary Science /Animal Husbandry/ Fishery Science/ /Dairy Science / Horticulture / Agriculture Engineering / Pisciculture /Agro-Forestry/ Co-operation & Banking/.
- Bank SO (Rajbhasha Adhikari)
Hindi being our official language (other being English) is yet rarely used in India, hence to overcome this; the bank decided to position a highly educated candidate at the position of Rajbhasha Adhikari. As a Rajbhasha Adhikari, you could get to head the following services:
- Translation and proof read of the documents circulated within the banks.
- Organizing training for bank personnel to make them efficient with the language mostly used by the customers.
- All the documents shared between banking and Government organizations must be in Hindi and English Language, this is ensured by Rajbhasha Adhikari
Educational Qualification for Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I):- Candidates must have Post graduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the graduation level or Postgraduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the graduation level.
- Bank SO (Law Officer)
The specialist as Law officer, as per the name, handles all the legal work of the banks. As a Law Officer, one could get to head the following services:
- Looking into current and ongoing policies and detect errors if any.
- Provide legal assistance to the issues related to bank funds.
- Draft various legal notice and documents for different processes in the Bank.
- Safeguard reputation and integrity of Bank.
Educational Qualification for Law Officer (Scale I):- Enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council and a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB).
- Bank SO (HR Officer)
These specialist officers look into Human Resource Activities. As a Marketing Officer, one could get to head the following services:
- Analysis of existing HR policies. Suggesting the needful changes.
- Implementation of new policies to bring out positive working environment within the employees.
- Handle any case of miss conduct that requires the attention of the HR department.
- If needed, but mostly needed; to be a part of Section and Recruitment Committee.
Educational Qualification for HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I):- Graduate and Regular Post Graduate degree or Regular Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations/ Labour Law/ Personnel Management / HRD/ HR/ Social Work.
- Bank SO (Marketing Officer)
The marketing profile can be quite hectic, but this is the perfect chance for the candidates who love new challenges every new day. The primary responsibility of a Marketing Officer is to bring in new business to the bank and increase profit as much as possible.As a Marketing Officer, one could get to head the following services:
- Preparation of cost-effective budget for advertising and promotion of the bank.
- Managing bank PR department to pursue with the positive image of the bank.
Educational Qualification for Marketing Officer (Scale I):- Graduate and Full-time MBA (Marketing) / PGDBM with specialization in Marketing/ Full time 2 years PGDMA.
IBPS SO Recruitment Exam Pattern:
After the participant has successfully submitted IBPS SO Online Application form, the applicant must check the IBPS SO Exam Pattern so that they have an idea of and focus properly to crack the exam easily.
IBPS SO Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|Sr. No.||Test Name||Questions||Marks||Duration|
Please note: For the Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikary, the Quantitative Aptitude is replaced with a General Awareness section.
IBPS SO Main Exam Pattern:
|Sr. No.||Test Name||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Professional Knowledge||100||100||1 hour|
The IBPS SO exam is conducted in various cities around the country and the candidates are given the choice to select their preferred city from the list. The candidates should have a hard copy of their admit cards during the exam which can be downloaded from the official site of IBPS.
Stay tuned with Byju’s to get all the latest notifications and other details of the different bank exams. Byju’s also provide the previous year bank exam question papers and exam tips to help the aspirants prepare in a structured way.