The SBI PO exam dates for 2017 is released, so candidates aspiring to crack the examination have to complete the registration process after filling up the application form. Candidates appearing for the examinations need to know all the details and the important dates for the registration process. Here are the important tentative dates for SBI PO Exam.
Number of vacancies: 2403
Application mode: Online
Important Dates of SBI PO Registration Process:
|Online registration including modification or editing of application form by the candidates||7th February 2017 to 6th March 2017|
|Payment of the Application Fees||7th February 2017 to 6th March 2017|
|Downloading Call Letters for the Preliminary Examination (Online)||15th April 2017 onwards|
|Preliminary Examination (Online)||29th and 30th April and 6th & 7th May 2017|
|Result of Preliminary Examination (Online)||17th May 2017|
|Downloading call letters for the Mains Examination (Online)||22nd May 2017 onwards|
|Conduct of Mains Examination (Online)||4th June 2017|
|Declaration of Result of Mains Examination||19th June 2017|
|Downloading Call Letters for Interview||26th June 2017|
|Conduct of Group
Discussion and Interview
|10th July 2017 onward|
|Declaration of the Final
|5th August 2017|
- The age of the candidate must be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st April 2017.
- Candidates must have a graduation degree from any recognized organization as such by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final year or Final Semester of their Graduation can also apply provisionally. They can apply with the condition that if they are called for the interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed their graduation examination on or before 1st July 2017.
- Candidates who are with an integrated dual degree or IDD certificate must ensure that the passing date of the IDD is on or before 1st July 2017.
- Candidates who have a qualification of Chartered Accountant can also apply.
Exam pattern of SBI PO:
The examination generally consists of three phases:
Phase1: Preliminary examination (100 marks)
Phase2: Mains examination (200 marks)
Phase3: Group discussion and Interview.
Selection process for SBI PO:
Candidates have to qualify each phase of the examination then only they are eligible for the final recruitment process. That is candidates clearing the Preliminary Exam can appear for the Mains Exam and those who qualify the mains exam will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
The marks of the preliminary examination will not be added to the selection only the marks of the mains examination will be added to the marks obtained in group discussion and interview.
How to apply for SBI PO:
There are five simple steps for filling up the application form for SBI PO.
- Candidates have to fill up their basic information.
- Uploading of Signature and Photograph of the applicant.
- Candidates have to fill up their basic details.
- Preview of their application form.
- Fee payment.
Candidates preparing for SBI PO Exam should follow this details and tentative dates. They should also go through the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam. Candidates should also practice mock tests and SBI PO previous year’s question papers. To get detailed information about SBI PO Exam stay tuned with Byju’s.