The SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination is just around the corner, it is important for you to kick start your preparation for SSC CGL exam. The most important step of the preparation process is to have a study plan. Therefore, in this article, we are discussing the study plan for SSC CGL preparation just before a week of the final exam.
For detailed information on various SSC 2020 examinations, check the article linked here.
With SSC CGL notification released on October 22, 2019, the Staff Selection Commission – SSC scheduled the examination dates of SSC CGL 2020 from March 2nd to March 9th, 2020. As the exam is already conducted for Tier I stage, aspirants can check the detailed SSC CGL exam analysis for their preparation.
Recently the commission has announced the result of Tier I and new dates of Tier II exam. Candidates can know detailed information on the SSC CGL exam in the linked page.
Study Schedule For SSC CGL Preparation A Week Before The Exam
Candidates appearing for SSC CGL have to follow the below-mentioned study plan for all 6-7 days before the exam in order to revise and analyse their learning and to complete the preparation.
Check section-wise preparation tips for SSC exams in the article linked here.
- Read the newspaper every day. Give yourself 2 hours to go through the whole newspaper. This will help in both Tier-I and Tier-II of SSC CGL exam. This will help you in tackling the General awareness section and writing essays/letters as well.
Candidates can check SSC general awareness for preparation of General Knowledge which entails concept-wise details and explanation of the topics covered in the SSC examination.
- Move to the next Subject, suppose the English Language, each day give 2 hours to this subject as well and divide it into parts for revision. Practice 2 unseen passages in 1 hour 15 minutes and then keep next 45 minutes for revising idioms and phrases and one-word substitutions etc. Similarly, the next day solve 1 comprehension passages in 1 hour and practice letter writing in the next 20 minutes, then practice error spotting, sentence correction and so on. Detailed Topic-wise syllabus on Verbal ability can be found on the given link.
Candidates can check to refer the following links:
- Difference Between Beside and Besides
- Difference Subject and Predicate
- Difference Between Phrase and Clause
Also, go through 100 Difference between Articles for Revision of various topics, subjects and concepts asked in competitive exams.
Also, check the following articles for conceptual clarity –
- Article Rules
- Preposition Rules
- Direct and Indirect Speech Rules
- Conjunction Rules and List
- Active and Passive Voice rules
For more such concepts, lists like synonyms, antonyms, homonyms and one-word substitutions, etc. Check English for Competitive Exams page.
- For Quantitative Aptitude, pick any four to five topics each day and divide the 2 hours time equally among these topics to practice. For example, give 30 minutes to revise Mensuration, 30 minutes to Algebra, 30 minutes to Ratio and Proportion and 30 minutes to Time and Work. Same you have to follow all the days till you complete the entire SSC Quantitative Aptitude syllabus. Check, 10 Simple Maths Tricks and Shortcut to ace the quants section.
Go through the links given below for assistance in the preparation of Quantitative aptitude section:
For more articles on concepts related to Quantitative Aptitude section, visit the given link.
- Same you have to follow for General Intelligence and Reasoning. Allot 2 hours and divide the subjects into parts to revise. Do not spend more than 30 minutes on any topic. You can start by giving 30 minutes to the Venn diagram, 30 minutes to direction and distances, etc. Candidates can learn 3 Sutras To Prepare for Reasoning Ability.
The links given below will help candidates gain clarity on important topics covered under the Reasoning sections:
- Reasoning Analogies
- Coding and Decoding
- Seating Arrangements
- Top tricks to solve Syllogism questions
More topics on the reasoning that are based on concepts and given important questions asked in exams can be found on the logical reasoning page.
|Wish to crack SSC CGL in First Attempt? Check the links for comprehensive preparation-|
Important points to remember when following the SSC CGL study plan:
Candidates tend to make a lot of mistakes even if they have devised a proper study plan. Check, the mistakes to avoid in SSC exams. Given below are important points that candidates must bear in mind when following the SSC CGL Study Plan.
- During the last week, take as many mock tests as possible. At least one SSC CGL mock tests and relevant online quiz daily can help a lot.
- Go through updated Current Affairs daily.
- Give a firm look at what you practised the previous day.
- Rectify the mistakes done.
- Avoid reading several books in the last moment.
- Watch News for 30 minutes daily.
- Revise only from the notes that you have made while studying.
- Do not take the study plan carelessly, missing even one day will disturb the entire schedule and might not afford to miss out the revision of a single topic.
- Do take 5 – 10 minutes break in between.
- Focus on strengthening your weaknesses.
- Stay away from any kind of fear, doubts, and confusion as even a minuscule of these let inside your mind will ruin your entire preparation and confidence level, hence candidates should anytime not allow such doubts or confusion near them. Check, Last-minute Preparation Tips for SSC CGL Exam.
To buckle up your preparation and score good marks it is important that you structure your studies and cover the whole SSC Syllabus again. Remember, only hard work cannot guarantee good results, smart work is important too.
|SSC CGL Exam Date||SSC CGL Notification||SSC CGL Salary|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||SSC CGL Apply Online||SSC Exam Pattern|
Candidates can check the SSC CGL Posts for which the recruitment exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
For SSC exams preparation without coaching, candidates can check the important tips in the link provided.
Candidates can go through important links for details regarding various examinations conducted by SSC.
Also, check the list of Government exams after 12th in the given link. All the best to all those aspirants who are writing SSC CGL 2020.