- Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh launched a new mobile app ‘Pusa Krishi’ for farmers in order to take the technology to farm fields.
- The mobile app was launched at the valedictory session of the three-day ‘Krishi Unnati Mela’.
- With use of this mobile app, farmers can get easy solutions to their problems.
- Farmers can get information about weather and accordingly they can take measures to save crops.
- The government and scientists will support farmers from time to time with new technologies.
- The app will provide farmers with information related to new varieties of crops developed by Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), resource conserving cultivation practices as well as farm machinery and its implementation will help in increasing returns to farmers.
- The government is working towards increasing the usage of technology at the hands of the farmers under various schemes like Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana and Soil Health Card Scheme.
- The Minister also felicitated 45 progressive farmers with Krishi Karman’ awards.
- During the inaugural function of the mela, Prime Minister Narenda Modi had launched a mobile app Kisan Suvidha’ which aims at providing information to farmers on weather, market prices, farm machinery as well as identification and management of crop pest and diseases.