Every year, the Union Public Service Commission holds the Civil Services exam to fill a number of vacancies in All India Services and several Central Civil Services. The Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious and competitive examination of the UPSC. This year, the IAS Prelims Exam concluded on June 5, 2022.
Aspirants can download the UPSC 2022 Prelims Answer Key in the linked article.
The official IAS notification giving details about the exam was released on Feb 2, 2022. The commission released the admit card for the exam on May 10, 2022.
The Question Paper of UPSC Prelims GS 1 2022 is available to download. The aspirants can download the PDF of the IAS Prelims 2022 General Studies-I Question Paper, using the link, given below.
The Prelims exam result will be declared after a month of the exam, the eligible candidates who would have cleared the Prelims 2022 will have to fill DAF-I to appear in UPSC Mains 2022 which is expected to commence from September 16, 2022, onwards.
|If you want to increase your marks in the UPSC GS-1 Paper for the prelims exam 2022, refer to the links below and score more in the upcoming examination:|
UPSC IAS Prelims 2022 GS 1 Question Paper
|UPSC Prelims GS Paper 1: Exam Pattern|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Medium of exam||English/Hindi|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd of the total number of marks allotted to the question|
|Nature of Exam||Qualifying|
|Type of questions||Objective: Multiple choice|
It is to be noted that the prelims examination is used as a screening test for applicants to select for the mains exam. The scores obtained at this stage are not considered for the final merit list, however, students must prepare thoroughly for this exam because cut-offs are unpredictable and rely on the average score each year.
UPSC GS Paper 1
The UPSC CSE Preliminary exam comprises of two papers that are conducted on the same day.
- UPSC Prelims General Studies Paper 1
- UPSC Prelims General Studies Paper 2 (CSAT)
UPSC Prelims 2022 GS Paper 2 is qualifying in nature, i.e, candidates need to score a minimum of 33% of the total marks of the paper, where scores of UPSC Prelims 2022 GS Paper 1 determine the cut-off and decides whether a candidate has qualified the first stage of the exam to write the UPSC Mains.
UPSC Prelims GS Paper 1 Cut-off Marks for Previous years
UPSC Prelims GS Paper 1 Marking Scheme:
As mentioned above, the first stage of the exam is qualifying in nature and marks scored in the exam are not counted in the final merit list. The marking scheme of IAS Prelims GS1 Question Paper 2022 is given below:
- General Studies Paper 1 consists of a total of 100 questions for 200 marks.
- Each question carries 2 marks.
- For every right answer, candidates are awarded +2 marks.
- For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the total marks allotted to that question are deducted, i.e, -0.66 marks are given to the candidates for every wrong answer.
- For example: If a candidate has attempted all 100 questions, out of which 70 are right and 30 are wrong the total score of the candidate will be: (70×2)- (30×0.66) = 120.20 marks.
To get details of the UPSC admit card for the different stages of the examination, aspirants can check out the linked article.
UPSC Prelims GS Paper 1: Subjects
The main subjects from which the questions are usually asked in the UPSC Prelims exam are:
- Indian Polity and Governance– Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- History– History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography– Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Economic and Social Development– Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- Environmental Ecology– General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- Current affairs– Current events of national and international importance.
- General Science- Latest topics related to science and technology.
Aspirants can go through the detailed UPSC Prelims Syllabus, to get a better understanding of the exam pattern and to comprehend the standard of examination.
For current affairs, further, visit:
- Latest Current Affairs
- Daily News Analysis of The Hindu Newspaper
- Best of PIB
- BYJU’S IAS Youtube Channel
Most Important Topics for UPSC Prelims 2022
IAS Exam syllabus is very vast and therefore aspirants must learn to grasp and observe any current event of national and worldwide importance through the prism of the UPSC syllabus and relevance to the IAS exam. For performing well in the exam, it is a must to cover the static as well as the advanced syllabus of the exam. Given below, we have provided links to important topics that must be covered for the UPSC CSE 2022 Prelims General Studies Question Paper 1:
- List of Important Current Affairs Topics for UPSC 2022
- Current Affairs questions for UPSC Prelims
- Current Affairs topics for 2021
- Union Budget 2022
- Highlights of Economic Survey 2022
Candidates looking for subject-specific questions from the previous year’s prelims examination, can visit the topic-wise UPSC prelims previous year question papers with answers page and get a segregated set of papers for each of the IAS subject.For any further exam updates, study material and preparation tips, turn to BYJU’S for assistance.