Find below the pdfs of UPSC notes on Medieval History for the Civil Services Exam. Medieval History is part of the IAS Exam – Prelims, Mains (GS-I, and optional.) This scoring subject often poses a challenge to IAS aspirants, as students find it hard to go through its comprehensive syllabus.
Hence, we have provided BYJU’S Medieval History notes curated by subject matter experts specifically for IAS preparation.
Also, check Ancient History and Modern History notes for UPSC from the links below:
How to prepare History for the UPSC exam?
- Understand the syllabus of History for IAS exam
- Read/prepare notes from NCERTs
- Check UPSC previous year question papers (only Prelims in case of Medieval History)
- If it is your optional subject in UPSC Mains exam, have a definite strategy as the syllabus of History is extensive
For all the above and more, check the links at the bottom of the article.
Medieval History Notes for UPSC Prelims exam and History optional in IAS Mains
Medieval History: Books for IAS preparation
- Tamil Nadu State Board textbooks
- NCERT Class XII – History – Themes in Indian History Part I
- Medieval India – Satish Chandra
UPSC Notes for History
- To revise efficiently, prepare notes in chronological order
- Medieval history portion (after the end of the Gupta age to the middle of the 18th century) is only part of the UPSC Prelims syllabus so prepare notes accordingly.
- History is a popular optional choice as well because of the amount of overlap with the GS part in both UPSC Prelims and Mains exam.
- Refer UPSC previous years question papers to understand the IAS exam question trends.
- Specifically in the case of Medieval History, practising MCQs is an easy way to prepare as this portion is only asked in UPSC Prelims exam.
- Focus areas are Delhi Sultanate and the Vijayanagara Empire.