STATE BANK OF INDIA (SBI) is a government owned corporation it is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. Every year SBI conducts examination for the aspiring candidates to clear the SBI PO examination they need to work on step by step preparation.
If you are preparing for SBI PO exams you need know the exam pattern, syllabus, previous year cutoffs and more details. Before you can begin your preparation for the exam, have a look at the SBI Syllabus in details.
SBI conducts several exams every year for fulfilling its staff requirement. SBI has announced about the requirement of the Probationary Officer (PO).Those who are preparing for the PO exams should know about the syllabus of the SBI PO examination.
The exam consists of 3 phases:
Phase 1: Preliminary examination (100 marks)
Phase2: Main examination (200 marks)
Phase3: Group discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks).
Here the structure for the SBI PO Preliminary examination is given:
SBI PO structure of prelims exams
Phase 1: The exams consist of Preliminary examination and Mains examination. The Preliminary examination consists of 100 marks and objective type questions. The test would be of 1-hour duration and it has three sections Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning Ability.
|Sl. NO.||Name of test||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 hour|
Syllabus for the Preliminary exams for SBI PO:
- Reasoning ability (35 Questions)- The questions are generally from the topics mentioned below:
- Puzzle and Circular/Linear/Square Arrangement (3-4 sets of puzzles may be asked in exam)
- Syllogism (Old and New Pattern)
- Blood Relations
- Direction sense
- Order and Ranking
- Coding – Decoding (Old and New Pattern)
- Quantitative aptitude (35 QUESTIONS)-
- Number Series
- Equations Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Miscellaneous (Age, Mixture Allegation, Profit Loss, Partnership, Pipes and Cisterns, Average, Boats & Stream, Compound/Simple Interest, Probability , Time & Work etc.)
- English language (30 QUESTIONS):
- Sentence Improvement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test (New and Old Pattern)
- Para jumbles (New and Old Pattern
Candidates have to qualify in each of the section and the qualifying marks is to be decided by the bank
For further information stay tuned with Byju’s