Stars and galaxies have always fascinated us. As humans, we have always been curious to know the realms of the universe. The stars, the galaxies, the birth of planets and extraterrestrial activities, these are just a few paradigms on which the humans’ have been researching since centuries. Milky Way is the name of the galaxy in which our solar system is present, but it is an undeniable fact that our sun is not the only sun in this galaxy. There are million more suns present, each having their own solar system. Planetariums help us get a closer view of these stars and their unusual yet interesting stories. Since childhood, we have been spending hours gazing at the stars or admiring the beauty of the moon. Though we knew nothing of what is happening in other worlds, it never stopped us from making our own assumptions or from thinking.
But with time most people get so busy in the hustle and bustle of the life that they never pursue the dreams that have fascinated us since childhood. But some people choose their fascination as their career option. If you are among them, then Ph.D. in astrophysics can be your choice of study post your Masters Degree.Many of us planned on doing astrophysics and astronomy just by looking at its charm. So, if you are also determined on choosing Ph.D. in astrophysics then let us first understand what you will be doing in your research.
The students who are interested in the various research areas related to theoretical, observational, and/or computational Astronomy:, such as; stars, exoplanets, black holes, Milky Way, large-scale structure, galaxies, and cosmology then Ph.D. in Astrophysics is just for you.
Ph.D. in Astrophysics
- The fascination, interests, and curiosity never diminish.
- You get to work with fancy equipment and do what you have always loved, finding the secrets of the universe.
- You get to work with renowned scientists of the world.
- It is a very prestigious degree
- Not all Universities provides a Ph.D. in astrophysics
- The equipment used for the research are very costly.
- You need to be really passionate about your research then only you can excel it
These are some of the pros and cons that you should keep in mind before choosing your career path as a Ph.D. student in astrophysics.
Career Options for Ph.D students in astrophysics are available in the following fields :
- Aerospace – The Astrophysicists will have to do research to guide aerospace engineers. They also assist in designing and operating instrumentation and equipment. These individuals are also responsible for sending the probes, space shuttles and satellites into outer space.
- Observatories – These astronomers observe the stars from a spacecraft for a limited period of time. The remaining part of their job is to analyze and study the data which they have collected with the assistance of supercomputers, etc.
- Teaching – Primarily many astrophysicists join the faculty of universities and colleges. Their main job is teaching however they are also sometimes involved in publishing research papers.
- Government Research – This is one of the most high paying jobs which an Astrophysicist can secure. They gain the opportunity to work with famed organizations like : NASA, NRL (Naval Research Laboratory) etc.
BYJU’S will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.