Ethylene is produced by all the fruits. It is a gaseous plant hormone. The level of ethylene is very low when the fruit is in an unripe state. Climacteric fruits start producing larger amounts of ethylene as they start ripening. It increases the respiration rate in fruits while ripening. This is called respiratory climactic. Fruits also increase the rate of ripening in response to external application of ethylene.
- What Is the Name of the Plant Hormone That Causes Fruit to Ripen?
- Which Plant Hormone Was First Isolated From Human Urine?
- What Plant Hormone Is Most Commonly Used In Plant Tissue Culture?
- Which Plant Hormone Helps To Break Seed Dormancy?
- What Is The Precursor Of The Plant Hormone Gibberellin?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to plant growth and development.