The fate of daughter cells produced in a round of cell cycle depends on what type of cell they actually are. Two possible events can occur –
- Some cells rapidly divide. Here the daughter cells can quickly experience another round of cell division
- In another type, the cell slowly divides or not at all. Such cells can exit the G1 phase and enter the resting phase, G0 phase. Here the cells are not preparing actively to divide.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn more NEET questions.
- Important Notes For NEET Biology – Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- MCQs on Cell Cycle Phases
- Write About The Changes In The Chromosome Number During Cell Division?