The first step in photosynthesis is the light reaction or photochemical reactions resulting in the formation of ATP and NADPH, which are later utilised in the biosynthesis process. In the first stage, light energy is captured and converted to chemical energy. Oxygen is produced by splitting of water.
- What Is the Source of Energy for Photosynthesis?
- Can Photosynthesis Occur in Artificial Light?
- Does Chemiosmosis Occur in Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration?
- In Which Stage Of Photosynthesis Light Is Directly Necessary?
- Does Photosynthesis Affect Transpiration?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to photosynthesis.