Ethylene is a gaseous plant hormone that causes the ripening of fruits. It is synthesised in a large amount in the fruits and tissues undergoing ripening and senescence, respectively. Ethylene is commonly used in agricultural practice. Ethephon is used as a source of ethylene for this purpose.
- How Does Ethylene Ripen Fruit?
- What Are the Effects of Ethylene?
- How does ethylene affect plant growth?
- How do plant hormones affect plant growth and development?
- Which plant hormone inhibits the growth?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to Plant Growth and Development.