TCA cycle takes place in the mitochondrial matrix of eukaryotic cells. In the prokaryotic cells, reactions of the TCA cycle are carried out in the cytosol and the proton gradient for the oxidative phosphorylation to produce ATP is generated across the cell membrane instead of the inner membrane of mitochondria.
- Significance of Glycolysis
- TCA cycle or Krebs cycle
- MCQs On Electron Transport System for NEET 2021
- MCQs On Chemiosmotic Hypothesis for NEET 2021
- MCQs On Mitochondria for NEET 2021
- MCQs On Plastids for NEET 2021
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to the respiration.