Abscisic acid is known as dormin because it induces dormancy. It inhibits plant growth and increases tolerance to various kinds of stresses. By inducing dormancy it helps seeds survive unfavourable conditions for growth.
- What Is the Name of the Plant Hormone That Causes Fruit to Ripen?
- Which Plant Hormone Was First Isolated From Human Urine?
- What Plant Hormone Is Most Commonly Used In Plant Tissue Culture?
- Which Plant Hormone Helps To Break Seed Dormancy?
- What Is The Precursor Of The Plant Hormone Gibberellin?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to plant growth and development.