28. Recently launched ‘TARANG’ Mobile App, ‘e-Trans’ & ‘DEEP’ e-bidding web portals is related to
TARANG- a powerful monitoring tool that tracks upcoming transmission projects and monitors the progress of Inter-State & Intra-State transmission systems in the country, being developed through Regulated tariff mechanism as well as Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) route.
● ‘TARANG’ (Transmission App for Real Time Monitoring & Growth) Mobile App &Web Portal has been developed by RECTPCL, under the guidance of Ministry of Power.
● Introduction of the electronic platform shall enhance ease, accountability & transparency and would boost confidence of investors in power transmission sector.
● Better price discovery shall ultimately benefit the power consumers in India
● TARANG shall also include status of stalled/delayed transmission systems in country which would enable the stakeholders viz. Ministry of Power, State Governments, all private sector transmission developers and PSUs like Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd., for expeditious completion of such projects.
● Green Energy Corridors, an important component of our renewable energy mission, would also be monitored through TARANG and help to meet our ambitious targets in same on time.