Aestivation and Hibernation
Q. Draw a lake showing different zones. Why are they called so?
Q. From the following select the reason why polar bears have thick layer of fat just below their skin.
- Prevent heat loss from the body
- Make them strong
- Provide stamina to swim
- Make the body water-proof
Q. During winter, frogs enter into a state of unconsciousness where their metabolic activites slow down. This state is called
Q. Which of the following characteristics are observed in the animal given in the image?
- It has spindle shaped body.
- It has fur on its skin.
- Its body is white in colour.
- Its body is light in weight.
Q. Choose the correct statements regarding hibernation.
- Hibernation takes place during extreme heat.
- Body temperature and breathing rate of animals decrease.
- Animals go into a state of unconsciousness.
- Hibernation takes place during winter.
Q. Thick and long hair on the body is an adaptation of animals found in ________.
- snowy regions
Q. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct?
- Aestivation is summer sleep
- Aestivation is winter sleep
- Hibernation is winter sleep
- Hibernation is summer sleep
Q. Polar bears have a thick layer of fat below their skin to:
- minimize heat loss from the body
- make their body waterproof
- ensure more fur formation
- make their fur white
Q. In polar bears, a layer of fat is present below the ____.
Q. Animals aestivate during _________ season.