Q. Rahul has caught the flu and is terribly sick. His doctor prescribed him some antibiotics. Which one of the following is the best reason why Rahul was prescribed antibiotics?
- Antibiotics will prevent other bacteria from attacking.
- Antibiotics will prevent the flu virus from attacking in future.
- Antibiotics will attack and kill the flu virus.
Which amongst the following is an antibiotic?
Q. Excess, unnecessary or incomplete dosage of antibiotics may lead to:
- increase in efficiency of blood circulation
- resistance in bacteria against that antibiotic
- increased immunity in patient taking antibiotic
- increase in production of antibodies
Q. Which of the following could be a potential source of antibiotics?
- Synthetic chemicals
Q. Which of the following diseases can be cured using antibiotics?
Q. The medicines which stop the growth of other disease causing microorganisms are known as _____.
Q. Dosage of antibiotics is not important for the treatment of an infection.
discovered the first antibiotic.
- Edward Jenner
- Alexander Fleming
- Jonas Salk
Q. Which of the following are antibiotics?
is a mould that inhibited the growth of Staphylococcus bacteria in Fleming's lab.