Is color blindness a Mendelian disorder?
What are the alleles that control the trait?
Reason [R]: Genes carry information for protein synthesis.
- [A] is true and [R] is false
- [R] is true and [A] is false
- Both [A] and [R] are true and [R] is the correct explanation for [A]
- Both [A] and [R] are true but [R] is not the correct explanation for [A]
- Altruism is the result of learning and occurs in most social species.
- Altruism results in the production of a greater number of offspring.
- Altruism lowers stress in altruistic individuals, which increases fitness.
- Altruism results in other individuals performing altruistic acts in return.
- Altruism increases the number of young of genetically similar individuals.
- None of the above
1. Alternative forms of genes which occupy the same position on chromosome.
2. The trait that is not expressed is called recessive trait.
3. Which of these is not a dominant trait?
A. Blue eyes
i. Genes are specific sequences of nucleotides in a DNA molecule.
ii. A gene does not store information for protein synthesis.
iii. In individuals of a given species, a specific gene is located on a particular chromosome.
iv. Each chromosome has only one gene.
v. Genome identification is the basis of DNA fingerprinting.
- i, ii and iii
- i, iii and v
- i, iii and iv
- ii, iv and v
The defective gene responsible for the disease PKU is found on chromosome