Drawbacks of PDS
Q. Why do people living above the poverty line prefer regular groceries over ration shops?
- PDS products do not meet the standard of APL families.
- PDS shops are not accessible to APL families.
- PDS prices for APL cards are similar to the local market prices.
- PDS prices for APL cards are less than the local market prices.
Q. What happens when surplus foodgrains are stored with the Food Corporation of India?
- They get sold.
- They get wasted.
- They are distributed to the poor.
- They are used by the government.
Q. Which of the following is/are drawback(s) of the Targeted Public Distribution System?
- The people living below the poverty line do not get enough subsidies.
- The people living above the poverty line do not get enough subsidies.
- The prices for the BPL cards are almost equal to the market price.
- The prices for the APL cards are almost equal to the market price.