Choice of Transport
Q. Which of the following are factors that affect transport?
Q. Why is building roads and laying railway tracks difficult in the Satara district?
- Unfavourable terrain
- Maoist presence in this region leads to conflict
- Earthquake prone region
- Cost heavy program for the government
Q. What are the advantages of the Roll-on Roll-off system ?
- Freight transport by trucks is costlier than railways
- Trains are less affected by weather than trucks
- Lesser spillage
- Environment friendly system
Q. Select the correct statement(s):
- Communication is fundamental to the development of a country or region.
- Improved transport networks will lead to economic growth.
- Roll-on roll-off system helps to reduce carbon footprint.
- Communication is affected by physiographic factors.
Q. Trains that carry trucks are called ___ train.
Q. What is the most feasible way to travel from Kanyakumari to Srinagar?
- By train
- By ship
- By airplane
- By bus
Q. The means that help people travel from one place to another is called ___.
- means of communication
- means of teleportation
- means of transport
- means of organisation
Q. Under which one of the following categories would you put fruits and vegetables?
- Branded goods
- Luxury goods
- Perishable goods
- Non-perishable goods
Q. Pipelines are used to carry ___.
Q. Bridges and tunnels connect ____.