Fifth Postulate and Playfair's Axiom
For the given statements select the correct option.
Assertion : Two lines are parallel if the sum of the co-interior angles made with the transversal is equal to 180°.
Reason : Two distinct lines cannot have more than one point in common
Assertion is true but reason is false.
Assertion is false but reason is true.
Both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
Both assertion and reason are true but reason is not the correct explanation of assertion.
The lines ⟷XW and ⟷YZ are parallel.
Increases by same amount
Decreases by same amount
Increases by double
Find the measure of ∠2, ∠3 and ∠4 from the given figure.
75∘, 75∘, 105∘
75∘, 85∘, 105∘
105∘, 75∘, 75∘
105∘, 75∘, 105∘
In the below-given figure, there are
In the figure given below identify interior angles.
∠3, ∠4, ∠5, ∠6.
∠1, ∠2, ∠8, ∠7.
∠3, ∠2, ∠5, ∠6.
∠1, ∠2, ∠3, ∠4.
In the figure below, OP, OQ, OR and OS are four rays. Then, find (∠ POQ + ∠ QOR + ∠ SOR + ∠ POS)3.
- If a transversal cuts two distinct straight lines in such a way that the sum of two interior angles on the same side of the transversal is equal to 180o, then the two lines are parallel to each other.
- If a straight line meets two other lines, so as to make the two interior angles on one side of it together less than two right angles, the other straight lines will meet if produced on that side on which the angles are less than two right angles.
- Given a line in a plane and a point outside the line in the same plane, there is a unique line passing through the given point and parallel to the given line.
- If a transversal cuts two parallel lines, then the sum of two interior angles on the same side of the transversal is equal to 180°.
Which of the following option(s) is/are correct when a transversal intersects two parallel lines?
- Corresponding angles are equal
- Alternate angles are equal
- Vertically opposite angles are equal
- Complementary angles are equal