Application of Third Law of Motion
A boy hits a football with a large force, the action force acts on the football and same magnitude reaction force acts on the boy. What can be inferred by above statement?
Action force and reaction force are equal to each other
Action and reaction forces acts on two different bodies
Action and reaction force does not cancel each other
All of the above
Among these two scenarios, identify the action force and reaction force.
Scenario 1: A person is pushing a book on the table.
Scenario 2: A gun is fired
Then match the following.
coloumn−Acoloumn−B1.Action forcea)force applied by the book on the boy2.Reaction forceb)force applied by the boy on the bookc)recoil force on the gun d)accelerating force on the bullet
1-a and c , 2-b and d
1-a and 2-b, c and d
1-b and 2-a, c and d
1-b and d, 2-a and C
- The cart on the horse
- The ground on the horse
- The ground on the cart
- The horse on the ground
- 2nd law of motion
- 3rd law of motion
- Law of gravitation
- 1st law of motion
- When the lift is not moving
- None of these
- When the lift moves down with an acceleration of 9.8 ms−2
- When the lift moves down with an acceleration 9.8 ms−2
- The person is pushing the ground forward.
- The ground is pushing the person backward.
- The person is pushing the ground backward.
- The ground is pushing the person forward.
- Swimming in a pool
- Dusting a carpet
- A space shuttle being launched
- Recoil of a gun while firing