- The ship, because it has a greater volume than the car.
- The ship, because it has more mass.
- The ship, because it is not moving.
- The car, because it is moving with some velocity.
- inertia of rest
- inertia of direction
- inertia of motion
The physical quantity, which is the measure of inertia, is ________.
Statement 1: Seat belts are necessary due to inertia.
Statement 2: While applying brakes, the car slows down but upper part of our body remains in the same state of motion.
- Statement 2 and 1 are correct, but statements are not related to each other
- Statement 2 is wrong
- Statement 1 is wrong
- Statement 1 and 2 are correct and statement 2 is the correct explanation for statement 1
- It is confined only to moving objects.
- It is the tendency of an object to resist a change in its state of rest or motion.
- It is confined only to objects at rest.
- It depends on the speed of the object.
- Empty box and box full of books have same inertia.
- Box full of books have less inertia.
- Empty box has more inertia.
- Empty box has less inertia.
Inertia is dependent upon _____.
area of the body
mass of the body
acceleration of the body
volume of the body
When a carpet is beaten with a stick, dust will come out. Why does this happen?
Newton's law cannot explain this behaviour
First law of motion
Third law of motion
Second law of motion
Study the following scenarios and identify what type of inertia tends to resist the change.
1. When the bus suddenly starts, the passenger on the bus tends to fall backwards.
2. When a passenger jumps out of moving bus, he falls down.
3. A cyclist riding on a level road does not come to rest immediately even he stops pedalling.
All are due to the inertia of rest.
Only 1 is due to the inertia of rest and others are due to the inertia of motion.
Only 1 is due to the inertia of motion and others are due to the inertia of rest.
Only 1 and 3 are due to the inertia of rest and 2 is due to the inertia of motion.