Which of the following is used for measuring the mass of costly substances such as gold, silver, diamonds?
Electronic or Digital balance
Q. The temperature of the objects placed on either pans of the beam balance should be :
- room temperature
- the respective freezing points
Q. Which of the following is a correct about precautions to be taken while using beam balance?
- The weights should be carried with foreceps
- They should not be carried with bare fingers to avoid the change in its weight due to the presence of moisture and dust particles
- All of the above
- Wet and hot objects should not be kept on the pan
Q. Explain the working of a beam balance.
Q. The weights should be carried with forceps to :
- avoid impressing fingerprints on the weights
- avoid heat exchange
- none of these
- avoid the change in its weight due to the presence of moisture and dust particles
Q. State two conditions for a beam balance to be true.
Q. When we are near to getting the actual weight in a beam balance, standard weights should be tried in :
- increasing order
- either increasing or decreasing order
- at random
- decreasing order
Q. Which type of objects should not be kept on the pan?
Q. Which of the following should not be weighed directly in contact with a balance pan?
- laboratory chemicals
- metal objects
Q. Wet objects should not be kept on the pan as :
- the weight measured will be less than actual
- the weight measured will be more than actual
- the pan may break down
- the weight measured will be same as actual