Circulation in Humans
The blood circulation that delivers oxygen to the body is called _________ circulation.
Choose the options that correctly shows the direction of flow of blood in the heart, lungs and rest of the body and the type of circulation.
Systemic Circulation: Right Ventricle → Lungs → Left Atrium
Pulmonary Circulation: Right Ventricle → Lungs → Left Atrium
Systemic Circulation: Left Ventricle → Body → Right Atrium
Pulmonary Circulation: Right Ventricle → Body → Left Atrium
Q. Human blood is red in colour due to the presence of _________ .
The blood circulation that passes through the lungs is called __________circulation.
Q. Which of the following is/are function(s) of the circulatory system?
- Delivery of oxygen to cells
- Delivery of nutrients to cells
- Removal of wastes from cells
- Excretion of urea
Q. The upper chambers of the heart are called
and the lower chambers are called .
is an instrument used to listen to the heart beat.
Q. Which chamber of the heart pumps blood to the lungs for oxygenation?
- Right atrium
- Right ventricle
- Left ventricle
- Left atrium
Q. Rhythmic contraction and relaxation of heart muscles is known as:
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Heart beat
- Heart defect
Q. Which of the following is/are functions of the heart?
- Pumping oxygen rich blood to different areas of the body.
- Pumping carbon dioxide rich blood to the liver.
- Pumping carbon dioxide rich blood to the lungs.
- Pumping carbon dioxide rich blood to the kidneys.