Oesophagus & Stomach
- Mouth, Stomach, Duodenum
- Mouth, Stomach, Colon
- Mouth, Stomach, Pancreas, Liver
- Mouth, stomach, Gallbladder
- Mouth and small intestine
- Mouth and stomach
- Stomach and small intestine
- Stomach only
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Stomach is internally protected by mucous membrane which prevents the action of HCl.
- Salivary amylase secreted in the mouth still remains in the bolus which prevents damage to the stomach.
- All of these
- Pepsin is basic which neutralizes HCl and prevents damage to stomach.
- Gastric juice
- None of these
- Neutralized food
Raju suffering from acidity in stomach. He consumed “ENO” – salt solution and gets instant relief. What is the possible reason?
ENO salt solution neutralizes HCl.
ENO salt solution stops HCl secretion.
ENO salt dilutes the acid released.
None of the above.
Name the labels in the structure below:
X-Esophageal sphincter, Y- Intestinal Sphincter
X- Sphincter, Y- Smooth muscle
X – Esophageal sphincter, Y- Pyloric sphincter
X – Pyloric sphincter, Y- Esophageal sphincter
The absence of HCl in gastric juice would ___________ .
accelerate the action of enzymes in the stomach.
kill all microorganisms entering through food.
hamper the action of pepsin and promote the growth of microorganisms.
enhance excessive digestion and promote the growth of microorganisms.