Universal Adult Franchise
Q. In what ways was Omprakash Valmiki’s experience similar to that of the Ansaris?
Q. Universal adult franchise is based on the idea of inequality.
Q. Identify the incorrect statement(s).
- Good democracies don't give voting rights to all its citizens.
- Universal adult franchise helps people to get their rights.
- Democracies fail in the absence of universal adult franchise.
- Voting age must be 18 years and above to make democracy successful.
Q. Identify the correct statements.
- All nations adopted universal adult franchise from the very beginning.
- Some nations adopted universal adult franchise from the very beginning.
- Universal adult franchise is not always a part of democracy.
- Minimum voting age is the same throughout the world.
Q. 'Universal Adult Franchise' is beneficial to ________.
- poor democratic nations
- rich democratic nations
- educated democratic nations
- all democratic nations
Q. __________ refers to the right to vote given to all the adult citizens of a country
- Universal Adult Franchise
- Voting Rights
- Vote Franchise
- Political Rights
Q. Jawaharlal Nehru wrote the journal 'Young India'.
Q. Women's struggle for the right to vote during World War I is specifically called the
- feminist movement
- suffrage movement
- equality movement
Q. In earlier times, only rich and educated men were allowed to vote.
Q. The term 'suffrage' means _____.
- Right to property
- Right to freedom
- Right to vote
- Right to education