Towns and Capital Cities
Q. What is a court or capital town?
- A town with a lot of courts.
- The place where the king held his court.
- A town where the the royals convened regularly.
- A town that has been the capital of many empires.
and were the capital towns of the Indus Valley civilization.
Q. Which were the prominent capital towns during the vedic period?
- Ayodhya and Indraprastha
- Ayodhya and Hastinapura
- Indraprastha and Hastinapura
- Takshshila and Indraprastha
Q. The discovery of what encouraged people to abandon their nomadic lifestyles and settle down in places?
Q. The accounts of which historian is an important source of information regarding Mughal administration?
Q. What were some of the reasons for early towns to flourish?
- Activities of religious persons.
- Activities of traders.
- Activities of craftsmen.
- Activities of the ruling class.
Q. Identify the famous cartographers, who made maps of India.
- Gerard Mercator
- Sir Thomas Roe
- Jodocus Hondius
Q. Which of these towns/cities acted as court city in South India?
Q. Which were the capital towns of the Indus Valley civilization?
Q. Identify the travellers who have given us information about the urban history of the Mughal period.
- Duarte Barbosa
- Hector Barbossa
- Ralph Fitch
- Howard Finch