Who discovered the smallpox vaccine?
None of the above
Q. The given graph shows three methods of food preservation P, Q and R, which work on the principle that at particular temperature the growth of food spoiling microbes is adversely affected. Which of the following options is correct regarding this?
- All of these
- R is freeze preservation which preserves food for longer when it is kept frozen.
- Q is pasteurisation which preserves food for few days if stored in a cool place.
- P is ultra-heat treatment in which food is heat sterilized and then stored in microbe-free container.
Q. Edward Jenner injected the cowpox virus into a patient with smallpox and the patient was cured and never got the disease again.
Which of the following diseases are controlled by immunisation?
The first successful polio vaccine was developed by Jonas Salk.
Q. Vaccines are obtained from herbal plant extracts.
Q. Approximately one person dies every 18 second worldwide due to Tuberculosis. Why does TB not have any vaccine developed to fight the pandemic?
- Tuberculosis is caused by bacteria.
- Vaccines developed were unsuccessful.
- Vaccines are developed against viruses.
- Tuberculosis affects the lungs and nasal vaccines are ineffective.
Q. Who among the following scientists discovered the vaccine for small pox?
- Edward Jenner
- James Watson
- Alexander Fleming
- Louis Pasteur
Q. ___ are used by the immune system to fight and kill the disease causing pathogens.
Q. Vaccines are made up of:
- Weak microorganisms