Q. Technology and population are two technical factors that determine land use.
Q. Common property resources can also be considered as private lands.
Q. What factors determine land use?
Q. A few reasons as to why there is uneven distribution of population in different parts of the world are given below. Pick out the correct one.
- Due to varied characteristics of land and climate
- Due to the fact that earth is the only heavenly body in the universe
- Due to the fact that land covers only about 30% of the total area
- Due to the fact that water covers only about 70% of the total area
Q. The bare ground between plants is covered with a layer of organic matter like straw to help retain the soil's moisture. Name this important method of soil conservation.
- Contour Barriers
- Rock Dams
- Terrace Farming
Q. Give the most appropriate reason as to why plains and river valleys are densely populated.
- River water contains a large quantity of dissolved salts and hence, it's suitable for consumption.
- Presence of rivers is responsible for moderating temperature conditions.
- Plains and rivers offer suitable land for agriculture.
- None of the above
Q. Out of the given options, which one refers to the land used for grazing cattle?
- Fallow land
- Forest land
- Arable land
- Pasture land
Q. What is the other name for cotton soil?
- Red soil
- Laterite soil
- Black soil
- Alluvial soil
Q. Land is used for _____.
- all of the above
- building roads
Q. Mulching helps in _______.
- retaining the soil's moisture
- increasing land productivity
- improving the quantity of the land