Heating Effect of Electric Current
Illustarte the following effects of electric current:
(a) Heating effect
(b) Chemical effect
(c) Magnetic effect
If four resistances each of values 1 ohm are connected in series, resultant resistance will be in:
- 25 watt bulb
- 40 watt bulb
- Insufficient data
- 60 watt bulb
Write one expression for the electrical energy in terms of its potential difference, resistance and time.
How does the heat produced in a wire or a conductor depend upon the resistance of the conductor?
How does the amount of heat produced in a resistor depend upon current?
- only 100 watt bulbs will fuse
- only 25 watt bulbs will fuse
- none of these bulbs will fuse
- both bulbs will fuse
Choose the substance that is used to make the filament of an electric bulb?
in the kettle is,
a) 4.55 amp
b) 45.5 amp
c) 455 amp
d) 0.455 amp
Three lamps and respectively are connected in parallel to a power supply of . Calculate (a) total energy consumed (b) total resistance of arrangement (c) cost of keeping them lighted for 6 hours daily for 30 days, if cost of electricity per unit is ₹ 2.80.
If the current through the lightbulb is 2.00A. What is the resistance of the bulb?
- 6.25 ohm
- 12.5 ohm
- 0.0800 ohm
- 100.0 ohm
- 50.0 ohm
(i) the total energy supplied by the battery in 10 minutes,
(ii) the resistance of the bulb, and
(iii) the energy displated in the bulb in 10 minutes
- multiplying the current by the difference between the voltage going into and going out of the device
- multiplying the resistance by the resistance and the current
- multiplying the voltage by the difference between the current going into and going out of the device
- multiplying the current by the resistance
- multiplying the current by the voltage
- 1 cal
- 2 cal
- 3 cal
- 4 cal