Excessive exposure of humans to U V-rays results in
(i) damage to the immune system
(ii) damage to lungs
(iii) skin cancer
(iv) peptic ulcers
(i) and (ii)
(ii) and (iv)
(i) and (iii)
(iii) and (iv)
Which one of the following therapies will involve only cancerous cells not the normal cells in treatment?
What is the application of PCR in cancer?
A metastatic cancerous tissue is termed ‘sarcoma’ if the disorder is in:
- radiation therapy
- gene therapy
What is radiotherapy?
Assertion (A): Cancer cells are virtually immortal until the body in which they reside dies.
Reason (R): Cancer is caused by damage to genes regulating the cell division cycle.
A is correct, but R is incorrect
Both A and R are incorrect
Both A and R are correct, but R is not the correct explanation of A
Both A and R are correct and R is the correct explanation of A
Incurable diseases are one of the factors affecting social health.
- Transplantation is required when an organ has failed by a disease.
- Cornea can be donated when a person is alive.
- A portion of the lung can be donated when a person is alive.
- Organ transplant is a surgical procedure.
Tumours are of two types - Benign and Malignant.
What are lymph nodes in neck called?
Who discovered radioactivity?
Cancer is related to
uncontrolled growth of tissues
controlled division of tissues
none of these
Why does apoptosis happen?
- Malignant tumours of the connective tissue.
- Malignant tumours of the colon.
- Malignant tumours of the skin or mucous membrane.
- Benign tumours of the connective tissue.
What are the symptoms of lymphoma?
- Deletion and insertion of base pairs cause frameshift mutations.
- Cancer cells commonly show chromosomal aberrations
- UV and gamma rays are mutagens
- Change in a single base pair of DNA does not cause mutation
- phosphate molecule
- Wear eyeband
- Touch eyes timely
- Don't touch eyes
- Bath daily
- Keep eyes clean
- Wash hands
- Share towel
- Don't share towel
World health day is celebrated on____.
- Malignant tumors of the connective tissue
- Malignant tumors of the skin or mucous membrane
- Malignant tumors of the colon
- Benign tumours of the connective tissue
What is craniopharyngioma?
(i) Disease causing micro-organisms.
(ii) Causative agent of AIDS.
(iii) Substances that stimulate antibody production.
(iv) Substances produced by living organisms that inhibit the growth of other living organisms on or inside the body of an organism.
(v) Organisation that provides relief to victims of natural calamities like floods, etc. by procuring and supplying blood.